User Tag List

View Poll Results: Vote for the choice that applies to you.

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have piercings.

7 15.91%
  • I have tattoos.

5 11.36%
  • I have <other>.

1 2.27%
  • I have a combination of modifications.

1 2.27%
  • I have no modifications.

6 13.64%
  • I plan to have modifications.

4 9.09%
  • I don't plan to have modifications.

17 38.64%
  • Don't know, don't care, or unsure.

3 6.82%
First 123 Last

I don't have any body modifications. I'd never get any piercings, I don't mind them on others but I hate wearing any kind of jewellery. I've thought about getting a tattoo but have never bothered to go and get it done.

MBTI
    ISTx

When I was 17 I got my ears pierced. The plan was to stretch them and wear plugs (maybe about the size of the rear end of a Bic pen):
    <---wouldn't have gone nearly that big...

I started gauging them and only went up one size before my left earlobe started puffing up and bleeding and it actually pushed the plug out. That left me with only my right ear in good condition (the gay ear). So, I just said screw it and scrapped the whole thing. My ears are back to normal with no piercings.

I have one tattoo on my right tricep (Old English font, military tattoo) and I think I want to get one more - a big, colorful (dark colors), rich, intricate, expensive, well-done shoulder piece on my left shoulder. I know the type of look I want and the placement, just not the design. So until I have something substantial that comes to me, that I'd want to get permanently placed on my body, I'm holding off. Honestly, I'd love to have a sleeve tattoo, but I know that will hinder my opportunities in the employment field later down the line; so I can only get ink in places that can be easily covered by normal clothing. Here's John Mayer and his sleeve:

I like something like that. It doesn't look trashy. It's kind of the similar deal I'm going for but just as a shoulder piece.

I don't consider any of that "extreme" though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

In general, I'm not really into body modification.

I'm planning a limited form of it at some point, but no one else will see the results of that. I might also do a few cosmetic things, but nothing extreme.

I'm not even the "tattoo/piercing" type.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I know the type of look I want and the placement, just not the design. So until I have something substantial that comes to me, that I'd want to get permanently placed on my body, I'm holding off. Honestly, I'd love to have a sleeve tattoo
    i am in the same boat. i have a few tattoos now, and i will probably work up to eventually having a full or partial sleeve, but it will be a gradual process for me. i am the kind of person that slowly adds tattoos one at a time over their lifetime, when i am hit by an inspiration for one.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Yes.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post

I also read about this tonight and it's the first I've heard of it --temporary Saline Inflation. I continue to boggle at this sort of thing.

Ick... that is truly grotesque.... clearly these people are desperate to stand out from the crowd at all costs - even that of looking ridiculous beyond belief :rolleyes2:

But this is far worse: I came across it when I was looking up tribal customs a while ago, though it appears to be a popular activity among body modification fetishists too: Penile subincision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for myself, nada, and I'm intending to stay that way
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't mind seeing people with tattoos and piercings (except when the piercings gross me out, like those giant gages). I want a tattoo, but I just want a small one on a part of my body that can be covered with clothing. Don't want any piercings on myself--it sounds freaking painful.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    I don't mind seeing people with tattoos and piercings (except when the piercings gross me out, like those giant gages). I want a tattoo, but I just want a small one on a part of my body that can be covered with clothing. Don't want any piercings on myself--it sounds freaking painful.
    Interesting.

I want a tattoo.
    Don't want any piercings on myself--it sounds freaking painful.
    Hmm.

So um, tattoo = many needles jabbing in and out repeatedly. Piercing = one jab.

Try henna?

Enneagram

My ears are pierced, so is my nose. I might do a tattoo that can be easily concealed later.

Phantonym

I only have pierced ears and I seriously doubt I would go any further than that. It's just not my thing. I'm able to express myself without drastic changes to my body and I'm not that psyched about doing things to my body that I can't get rid of after I'm bored with them.

Modifying one's body is addictive, I guess. The initial liberating feeling only escalates and you want more and more because you want to experience that feeling over and over again. I try to avoid this kind of addiction that would take over my life.