User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Loneliness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default Loneliness

Do you think that some types are affected more by loneliness than others? Why and what do you think the most common ways they deal with it are?

(EDIT: And, does anyone know how to fix titles on threads? I know how to spell the word but my finger didn't hit the e hard enough!)
    Last edited by Bellflower; 06-26-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: fixed by user plea! ;)

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I think ISFj's are pretty lonely. As far as dealing with it goes, staying busy. There is always something needing to be done.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    I think ISFj's are pretty lonely. As far as dealing with it goes, staying busy. There is always something needing to be done.
    Could you talk more about that, if you want? (I do not want to pry.)

I can imagine that ISFJs could get lonely too, because of their drive towards duty and task-accomplishing and responsibilities... and shouldering a lot of the load for others without asking for much themselves... but they often don't come across that way because they can get task-focused and sort of avoid showing the sadness/longing for others.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Why are they lonely? What makes them prone to it? I can see different reasons for why each type might be lonely, but I want to know what makes them feel that way.

EDIT: Jennifer beat me to the question!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Hmm, I think people would feel lonely overall, regardless of their type. However, F types for example, may not cope as well as T types since most Fs are sociable beings who get energy from interpersonal interactions. Also, Extroverts would also benefit more from human interaction than Introverts...Is would cope better alone than Es would.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

But you can be lonely even if you are around people too...

MBTI
    YaYa

Sex phone of course.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Ah, lonliness in the crowd - I know it too well...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

that's true fidelia, i think this happens when you lack a deep connection with those around you. sometimes it's enough to have one person who understands you and vice versa to stop you from feeling that way. other times, if you do not find that special someone, you can fill this void with having various friends who can fill different parts of what you need

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Most definitely, I think it has to due with the fact that we really hate to bother others to get the affection that we need. Martyr types I guess. Always needing to appear strong, capable, and reliable. So we tend to break down mid-life and need to start letting others do for us. It's a catch 22 since everyone has taken the ISFJ for granted and are still wanting things to be done for them.

I read on wikisocions, that we are the most likely type to be divorced over matter of the house being a mess. Taking care of others certainly gets tiring. So I have to motivate myself into thinking I am doing this for myself and my own peace of mind. I guess that transfers over to relationships, friendships, work, and everything else that gets placed under our demands.

WHAT?!!! a typical ISFj, always talking about all we have to do, and no one to blame but ourselves. So the loneliness sets in even more since no one really wants to hear about that either.

I do appreciate the asking though.

Now how to de-lonelify the lonely.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director