User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: Type Your Pets

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I don't think S/N makes sense for animals, so...
    I was just thinking about this yesterday and I have a suggestion. Animals are not interested in theory or academic subjects, that's certain. So they can't be Ns in that sense. But they can be either Ss or Ns in a sense that resembles the human S/N dichotomy but is different:

Ni means traits like being good at reading signs and anticipating what's going to happen. An Ni-dom animal is also stubborn and can seem "detached" and it can be seen that they observe the big picture instead of details. I would presume that a lot of herding dogs are Ns. My own dog, a rough collie, is pretty stubborn and seems "detached" and she seems to see the big picture. I'm not sure yet wether she is exceptionally good at reading signs and anticipating what's going to happen... I'll have to observe her more closely. But she's a strong candidate for being Ni-dom, imo

I haven't really thought about what Ne would mean in animals... but I guess it would have something to do with seeing the big picture, as well. And being easily excitable.

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't have pet, only a plant. He's an INTJ mastermind who's contemplating my (and humanity's) destruction, and he's always creeping me out by just sitting there radiating an evil aura. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I swear he was at the foot of the bed, staring at me.
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    I was just thinking about this yesterday and I have a suggestion. Animals are not interested in theory or academic subjects, that's certain. So they can't be Ns in that sense. But they can be either Ss or Ns in a sense that resembles the human S/N dichotomy but is different:

Ni means traits like being good at reading signs and anticipating what's going to happen. An Ni-dom animal is also stubborn and can seem "detached" and it can be seen that they observe the big picture instead of details. I would presume that a lot of herding dogs are Ns. My own dog, a rough collie, is pretty stubborn and seems "detached" and she seems to see the big picture. I'm not sure yet wether she is exceptionally good at reading signs and anticipating what's going to happen... I'll have to observe her more closely. But she's a strong candidate for being Ni-dom, imo

I haven't really thought about what Ne would mean in animals... but I guess it would have something to do with seeing the big picture, as well. And being easily excitable.
    My pet jumping spider was definitely an ENTP.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy View Post
    I don't have pet, only a plant. He's an INTJ mastermind who's contemplating my (and humanity's) destruction, and he's always creeping me out by just sitting there radiating an evil aura. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I swear he was at the foot of the bed, staring at me.
    Could you please take a snipping and clone him for me? My Venus flytraps are far too passive. Your sounds much more like "Audrey", who is the plant I was looking for!

P.S. Any tips you could share regarding training such said alleged plant clone into ravenous monster that eats my neighbor would be appreciated if such said scenario and/or neighbor + alleged plant were based on real characters albeit in a ficticious novel... ...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Could you please take a snipping and clone him for me? My Venus flytraps are far too passive. Your sounds much more like "Audrey", who is the plant I was looking for!

P.S. Any tips you could share regarding training such said alleged plant clone into ravenous monster that eats my neighbor would be appreciated if such said scenario and/or neighbor + alleged plant were based on real characters albeit in a ficticious novel... ...
    I'll try if the bastard will let me come close enough. But he's been grown mainly on a diet of lukewarm water, smurfs and some angry spit.

I have a neighbour whos braindead dog I'm trying to get the plant to go eat. He might need steroids in order to win the deathmatch. If there's such a thing as plant steroids.

BUT I'm hypothetically strapped for hypothetical cash, so for hypothetical money I could hypothetically kill the annoying neighbour in your novel.
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy View Post

sounds like you've seen little shop of horrors too many times, buddy.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the case—then it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. –Thomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

my cat is unpredictable and skittish, maybe a etype 6, hopefully counterphobic...pretty sure he IS a 6 and very attidudinal by nature, fluffy with a heart of stone, part X with some N thrown in, fairly balanced E/I. confrontational when it comes to food however his claws are used lightly, unless he's up against a whimpy chickadee then it's no rest until digest. haha j/k he's a snuggler and i luv him. (not sure if it's mutual, but i feel some responsibility regardless).

dirty grey persian

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

My cat is an ISFP, type 9w8 on the Enneagram.

He's incredibly peaceful, lazy and affectionate, yet he very much likes to test his power around the house by moving into our spots when we're gone and meowing until he gets what he wants. He's a total power freak, but much more a peaceful cat.

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I don’t know if this will vindicate all you happy pet-typers who have become the laughing stocks of this forum, but Otto Kroeger admitted using “typewatching” with pets as well as people in his book.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the case—then it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. –Thomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by evilrobot View Post
    I don’t know if this will vindicate all you happy pet-typers who have become the laughing stocks of this forum, but Otto Kroeger admitted using “typewatching” with pets as well as people in his book.
    lol I read that one. I think he said his two cats were ENTP and ISTJ, iirc.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?