First 1234513 Last

Thread: Type Your Pets

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

My cat's an ISFP.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

Queen of Sheba
    Feline
    ESFJ
    Outgoing, demands affection-will bat you with her paw to be petted, loves belly-body rubs, sensuous as many cats are. Gets "the devil" in her and races up and down the halls thundering as only a 6 and 1/4 pound cat can, sounding a warcry. Screams like a banshee at night, too, until she jumps in bed with us and plays "monkey in the middle." She's sitting on my knees right now watching me type. She never touches the keyboard, ever. She has never knocked any thing over or off or abused the furniture. When we watch TV she is in one of our laps demanding petting or sleeping in the cutest cuddly ways. She loves on the guests we have that take up with her and leaves the rest alone. She's the perfect hostess like all ESFJ's.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Well. Results are in.
    Jack took the test. Rather.. I read MBTI test questions out loud to the cat.

So.
    His consistent lack of response to any of the questions... along with his piercing [yet utterly indifferent] gaze, and his abrupt departure from the room before I was finished, indicates that he is without a doubt INTP.

Evidence of the typical INTP response to affection...
    [img]

..and that "Trademark INTP Gaze"
    [img]
    Yes, it's still brutal.
    Haha, that's really cute.

I was trying to imagine what pets of each type would be like, and INTP was the only one for which I couldn't imagine anything. Your cat is definitely it. Where can I get one?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Name: Ginger
    Species: Canis Lupus Familiaris Labradorius
    Sex: Female
    Type: ESFP
    Reasoning: She's a labrador. She's incredibly outgoing and friendly, (EF), tends to stick to simpler things and breaks them down (S) and can easily adapt and change environment (P)
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    Because you know you want to.

I don't care if MBTI theory is not applicable to animals. In many ways it fails to be accurate for humans. So that being said, I will type my pets. You should too!

Name: Spouling
    Species: Feline
    Type: ISTJ
    Reasoning: She likes order and cleanliness and won't except less. She tends to dislike change and prefers to keep things the way they are. She's not very social but usually gets along with the other cats. Her favourite activities include laying on a freshly vacuumed carpet, drinking ice water, and grooming. Her lifestyle is pretty low-key. She's a bit uptight though and has anxiety problems or so the vet has told us. Other interesting trivia about her is that she currently has a prescription for Prozac.

Name: Little Boy
    Sex: Male
    Type: eNFJ
    Reasoning: Kindest and most affectionate cat I've ever gotten to know. He has the ability to change people's lives. In fact he helped a person recover from depression and alcoholism. He's definately got some Fe going on there and thinks the best of everyone. He loves to talk, play with feathers, and engage with other people and animals. He however is easily scared by strangers (humans).

Name: Sophie
    Type: INTJ
    Reasoning: She's systematic and sort of evil with a reputation to bite without remorse (literally). People have often mentioned that she is a psycho kitty and can be difficult even for experienced vets. But she has a soft side once you get to know her. She loves to cuddle with someone whom she trusts. Also she has an affinity for treats. She doesn't usually get along with the other cats with the exception of Minster.

Name: Minster
    Type: ENFP
    Reasoning: Unfortunately she's not the sharpest tool in the shed (actually a little retarded) but a sweet cat nonetheless. She seems to be a bit of a day dreamer so she doesn't always notice what going on around her. But she has no respect for other's personal space and frequently invites herself to be loved upon. She likes to get as close as possible so she can cuddle you all day. Her other passion is food. She LOVES food and will eat just about anything. Sometimes she hangs out with Sophie and other times she plays with Mystery.

Name: Mystery
    Type: ISTP
    Reasoning: This cat is easily bored by the everyday humdrum of our household so she's always inventing games to play with herself and has a love for toys. (Loves to examine things to see how they work.) It's very likely that her goal in life is simply to have fun. When there isn't anything to do for a while she gets in a bad mood. Then she uses her brilliant mind to be destructive. Sometimes this means ambushing the other cats or tearing things apart. Although a bit short tempered she doesn't mean to hurt anyone. Her favourite food is pudding and yogurt.

Name: Pineapple
    Species: Fish
    Sex: Female, er male... I don't really know actually.
    Type: ENTJ
    Reasoning: It's a hunch. It likes to organise and order the other fish around. It seems to be their leader.

Okay, now it's your turn!
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm kinda thinking that T/F only applies to humans. Maybe animal types are reduced to only 3 letters?
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Name of cat: Smokey
    Personality type: ESTJ
    Smokey is not a shy cat. He insists upon attention and, if he doesn't get it, he campaigns for it. He started when he was a stray who had been brought into my parents' house after causing my sister's cat to go into a fit a territorial fury (he walked into the apartment and invaded her space). My dad was ready to send the cat to a shelter but Smokey campaigned to become a member of the family. He jumped on my dad's lap, kissed him, and batted him when he wanted attention. It was obviously part of a campaign. Before long, my dad pronounced Smokey to be the greatest cat that ever lived. No more talk of sending the cat away. A Baptist minister who visited the house once pronounced Smokey to be the boss of the whole family. Undoubtedly, that is true. Hence, Smokey is pronounced an ESTJ.

Name of cat: Zoe
    Personality type: xSFP
    Zoe is a very sensual cat. She likes certain people's odors more than others'. She will not sit on your lap. She waits until you get up and then steals your seat so that she can bond with your lingering odor. She is always clean and has beautifully shiny fur. She is picky about her food. When she likes her food, she purrs happily. She has both introvert and extrovert traits. She avoids large groups of people. On the other hand, she is a very verbal cat and has a different meow for each occasion (feed me, let me onto the patio, open the window, I want attention). She is also very musical and she sings. She loves to put on a singing performance and attract an audience.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Name: Cloud
    Sex: Male
    Type: XSFJ
    Reasoning: He whines a lot, and, funnily, only to my mom, since he knows that I won't feed him unless my mom reminds me. He requires a lot of attention, a ham, though he runs away from strangers. He longs to go outside and often sits by the sliding glass doors when someone's outside and meows to roam free. Whenever someone pets him, it always seems as if he starts to clean himself promptly afterwards. He is very affectionate, licks and purrs a lot. When he's angry, you can tell all over his face.
    Last edited by Ism; 08-26-2009 at 09:46 PM.

MBTI
    INTP

Tangentially related to this thread...

A Dog's Got Personality

It is at least plausible that the MBTI could be applied to dogs, although the theory behind it would probably require serious adaptation.