User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

Thread: Type Your Pets

My cat is:

N = Not what you think.
    U = Untrainable.
    T = Thoughts are fleeting.
    S = Sensory. If it means effort or work, you must be kidding.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Typing pets? lol

What's next?

Be sure to mention their astrological sign too.

I find most cats to be high in neuroticism. Is that typical? Does that indicate an NF type pet?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

we want hamburger
    we want pizza
    we are pig disgusting

MBTI
    ENFP

Hehe, what a cute topic.

My one hamster Cakes, would be an ESTP. She's full of energy and she's super cute, but sometimes she's always biting everything and everyone. She also loves to climb the bars nonstop and run on her wheel.

And my other hamster, Baby, would be INTP.. because she just stays in her hole made in her bedding ALL DAY. She does nothing but stare, and eat. And if she has to drink water from her bottle, she'll do it all stealthily and then go back to her hole super fast. And when I hold her, she will just sit there, all calm I'd say she's N, because she must be thinking a lot or something, I mean, how else can she just sit there for hours?
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

LOL those pics are hilarious.

Well of course most animals can't be typed (maybe with the exception of other apes), but it's fun to do so based off stereotypes anyway!

Although it would explain my pet cat's personality change from cynical T to loving F when he got older; several months before his death he became a lot more emotional, he would give me this sad look and want to rest with my while I sit on the couch, and he would sometimes want to be picked up and held, but we would put his arms around my shoulders as though he were hugging me; it's as if he knew he were about to die and he was saying goodbye. I miss him.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Well, I know animals can't be realistically typed, we just use stereotypes. But they're not actually devoid of personality. There are some factors that are recognisable. They're probably all SF, but you can measure their I and E pretty simply by whether they are active and social or inactive and solitary, and possibly their P/J mostly in situations like raising their young and stuff. XD
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

frontal lobe development in all species is required in order to continue thread progress

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

My cat (Patsy) is an ESFP. For those who are interested: she's a Gemini.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I recently drafted a thought with the idea of trying to compare undifferentiated functions in humans to the instinctual reactions of animals, but found the comparison wasn't accurate. But here's part of it I thought would still be useful:

I see these discussions from time to time on "animal types", but there's really no such thing.
    The most animals could have are perhaps Pavlov's assignments of the four Galen temperaments to dogs. I'm sure they could also be extended to other similar "soulish" vertebrates.
    These are based purely on expressive and responsive behavior, and not any "functions". So they would be closer to the Interaction Styles than to Keirsey's temperaments. But I believe they even more likely would correspond more to the sociability temperaments, E/I + J/P. (EP Sanguine/Lively, EJ Choleric/Strong-excitatory, IP Phlegmatic/Calm-Imperturbable, IJ Melancholic/Weak-inhibitory). J/P covering the responsiveness rather than any "extraverted function". What's left out, of course, are functions, being the middle two letters.

E/I and J/P are also said to be the first letters that develop for humans, but of course, the functions will develop soon for them, if everything goes right. For animals, they don't.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

These types:

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post

Her need for contact is limited by her aloof nature. The only difference between this cat and her vocal counterpart is the extent to which her fear and anger are obvious to people who would interfere with her for good or ill. Provision of food shelter, and security are the way to win the heart of a CADQ cat. Familiarity and a sense of control are needed for her to feel comfortable, but she also needs her space.

The CADQ kitten will tend to be shy and may greet your advances with a defensive aggressive posture (halloween cat), if she does not just run away. Early (less than 7 weeks of age) positive contact with people is most likely needed to establish a foundation upon which future relationships can be built. A calm non-reactive demeanor, food, and patience are the tools needed to win her trust, a trust that is easily broken if you make her feel uneasy.

This is not a cat who likes to live in groups. The CADQ cat is probably happiest when she is able to establish a territory and conduct her affairs with minimal social interaction. She wants to know the boundaries of her territory and she wants others to recognize them as well. The CADQ cat may not be the one you observe engaging in the behavior even though she may initiate the cycle of urine marking. Cautious aloof cats may be able to live harmoniously in multi-cat homes as long as there is sufficient space and their boundaries are respected by all. Living in a single cat household with a person who has reasonable expectations when it comes to display of affection may work out best.

Even though she tends to be quiet, she is defiant with little desire for physical contact, and she hates the anxiety and loss of control she feels when removed from her home territory.

Aloof cats with a defiant nature that causes them to adopt a defensive aggressive response to fear or anger are not the easiest cats to live with. A cautious nature makes this cat more easily spooked than her bold counterpart so her defiance is more often an expression of fear.

If you want a lap cat that showers you with love and affection, the CADQ is not the cat for you.

I love my introverted girl! Kiska is very affectionate and does not suffer from all the neuroses they list. She is shy and doesn't rejoice in Persik, though.

Persik’s Personality:
    BSPV (Bold Social Compliant Vocal)

Bold and Social, the BSPV cat enjoys adventure and companionship. It is easy to make friends when you meet a confident cat with a vocal communication style, who actively seeks attention. When his vocal style includes a large vocabulary of pleasant chirps and mews, the BSPV can be the 'perfect' cat. However, if your idea of the 'perfect' cat is a quiet house quest who is pleasant but undemanding, the BSPV cat may be too needy for your tastes. When his vocal communication style is loud and repetitive, with a limited vocabulary, this attentive cat may drive you nuts.

As a kitten the BSPV cat is likely to be the one that meows in greeting, runs over to you, climbs into your lap, and steals your heart. Bold, social, compliant cats generally live happily in groups. BSPV/Q cats are just easy to get along with so the chances of forming friendships is greater than with some other temperament types.

Once a kitty learns that you are easily intimidated, even a compliant cat can dictate your behavior.

Whether or not this temperament type occurs with greater frequency in any particular breed of cat remains to be seen. It is however a temperament type that is likely to appeal to many cat owners.

Persik is not this loud all the time, only at meal times for he is very greedy.
    &
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism