User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    When in the world would stabbing someone in the back ever be effective? If you desire to kill someone, poisoning them with a overdose natural compound would be more effective as it would appear a natural, but tragic, bodily malfunction. Or, if you're in a situation where you need to use induce death by physical trauma, a gun is much more effective due to range. A knife (or whatever being used to stab) can only be used at point blank range. In addition, why have you chosen to stab in the back as opposed to, say, slitting said person's throat?

Or, why would you try to stab someone in the back but not attempt to kill them? The average person will fight back in some form, possibly using the knife that stabbed them as a weapon against you.

Overall, the idea of stabbing someone in back in the literal sense seems rather impractical.
    Well, not technically the "back", but right at the bottom of the neck/back of the head in the "soft" spot there, will work efficiently. Also, knives are quite useful, due to silent aspect. Guns are loud. Slitting their throat, eh....more potential for fighting back. (you miss/don't succeed fully). Besides, if you have quick hands, sure...one might not kill them, but if you're trained in fighting with knives, it'll be 3 or 4 before they feel it.

And, I now sound like a cross between an assassin and a serial killer...
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Well, not technically the "back", but right at the bottom of the neck/back of the head in the "soft" spot there, will work efficiently. Also, knives are quite useful, due to silent aspect. Guns are loud. Slitting their throat, eh....more potential for fighting back. (you miss/don't succeed fully). Besides, if you have quick hands, sure...one might not kill them, but if you're trained in fighting with knives, it'll be 3 or 4 before they feel it.

And, I now sound like a cross between an assassin and a serial killer...
    I'm still in favor of killing with poison.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

This thread reminds me on one of my best games of Starcraft I had in my life.
    Even if you don't know anything about Stracraft read this post since it is a good argument against back-stabbing and expecially pointless back-stabbing..

We played normal hunters 3vs3. I was race was Terran.

But my positions in the start was that I was surounded by enemy players.
    So they have tryed to rush me (attack at the start) and to be honest I don't know how I have managed to survive that. But technically I was out of the game after this.
    So my enemies have focused their troops on my allies. What created a bloody conflict. But one of my enemies was Zerg and he was accumulating a huge number of minions and building large economy.
    In the meantime I have realised that I can't do anything/much since I was destroyed at the start. So I have started to entrenchment myself since my only job in that moment was not to allow my extinction. (entrenchment is terran specialty)

So with time that guy has everything everything he got upon my allies and by doing this he totally destibalized the balance between his allies and my allies.
    So my allies have surrendered and left the game. But I have dispatched and set my defence in a most efficient way. Since I was sure that now they will come and finish me and I have decided to make a stand.

But "megalomaniac" was greedy and he didn't noticed that my name was not on the list of players that left the game. (because they were defeated)

So Mr. Smartass turned to his own allies. He cought the first one by suprise and the other one was no match one on one. Especially since the "maniac" can restore his numbers very easily.

Once he was finnished he finally realized that I am still in the game. So he gathered everything he had and charged directly into me. But he forgot the fact that technically the only thing I was doing during the entire game was conctruction of defences. (which are specialty of my race).

In short he lost everything and the damadge he made was trully minimal.
    Plus he didn't noticed that in the meantime I have lunched a small raid (delivered by air) on his unprotected workers. But he has spent everything he had on his huge numbers so he did not have any real reserves. What means that he had to rebuild his workers first before starting to accumulate huge numbers again.

In the end I have dug out everything I had and started a major counter attack. He simply did not have anything that could have stoped my machinery. What means that I have wiped out the rest his mutants without any problems at all. The guy actually had the guts to swear about how evil I am while I was wiping him of the chart.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I'm in favor of sniping, or of injecting them with large doses of drugs while they sleep. .
    Guns are loud. .

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

On-a-whim back stabbing: ESTP
    Anger or jealousy fueled back stabbing: ESFJ
    Strategic back stabbing: xNTJ

MBTI
    intj

I'm an expert at burning bridges, but I don't consider it the same as backstabbing. From what I understand, backstabbing is using somebody with the intention of furthering yourself by hurting them. Maybe I'm wrong. But honestly, that takes more effort than just accomplishing things on my own. Even if I do not like a person, I can only feel satisfied if I know I have earned or achieved something fairly.

Besides, my social skills are seriously lacking, so I doubt my ability to manipulate people anyway.

My vote goes in for ENTJs for strategic and opportunistic backstabbers, though I think Fs would be more likely to backstab in the heat of the moment.

MBTI
    nnnn

My vote goes to ESFJ.

I didn't vote for INTJ because of the Fi...going behind people's back hasn't been the way of any of the INTJs I know - there's a tendency to great integrity IME. Although I admit that when INTJs are very focussed on an objective they might become more prone to using backstabbing as a means to ensure success. Perhaps the term "using" is more accurate than backstabbing in this regard.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

ENFJ
    ESFJ
    ESTJ
    ENTJ
    ESTP
    ENTP

In that order.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Riva

ESTP
    and ESTJ

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Type most likely to stab someone [what type?] in the back.

... Eh.