~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yeah..I figured you would

I kinda considered putting Mulan in there as well, but since I was already mentionning three of those Disney characters, I figured I'd limit myself

But Belle, Ariel and Mulan pretty much all have the same background: not understood by their family (though loved nonetheless), longing for a different place where they can belong, and society frowning on them and trying to force them to 'behave'. I mean..how much more ENFP can you get! At least, that seems to be the case here
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Yeah...sounds like me

I only go completely 'crazy' on my SO..he can take it
    And it too me a while to learn that people...are just people and they cannot help who they are any more than I can. So I sort of learned to channel it, not to blow up on them and only let out sizable bits of my weirdness at the same time. And when I do, people sometimes complain they don't get to see 'all of me'. Most wouldn't be able to handle it though if I were to grant their request for baring all.

It's odd, our type is supposedly good with people...but the fact that we strike most people as so weird and that we are rather sensitive souls, seems to sometimes have the opposite effect, especially when we're younger still.

I wish I woudl've been able to do this when I was younger...it would've spared me a lot of pain. I'm jealous of Luna for figuring it out so soon, I must admit.
    Exactly. My husband can handle and/or deal with/loves my craziness. So he's the only one who gets to see the real me.

People-people. *sigh* Yeah, we are, but that doesn't mean we're GOOD with people. Heh.

I wish I could have been able to implement Luna's realizations. Realizing something is one thing; putting it into practice is another.

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Oh, and I will add, I personally identify with Belle, Ariel and Mulan.

Especially Belle though, nose in a book and fantasising all the time about adventure and excitement. The sweetest kid who only asked her father for a rose, sigh just like I would have.

As a child I could place my family members into the beauty and the beast story very easily.

I'm still looking for my beast though, he needs me.
    That's why I love Beauty and the Beast....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I kinda considered putting Mulan in there as well, but since I was already mentionning three of those Disney characters, I figured I'd limit myself

But Belle, Ariel and Mulan pretty much all have the same background: not understood by their family (though loved nonetheless), longing for a different place where they can belong, and society frowning on them and trying to force them to 'behave'. I mean..how much more ENFP can you get! At least, that seems to be the case here
    Yup! Though I ultimately chose Belle because in spite of my craziness, as a child especially, I was more like Belle...reading incessantly, making up fantasy worlds, acting them out by myself, even at school (GAH; BIG NO NO), reading history books pretending I was different historical characters and what I would have said if I had been there...Ay yi yi....and of course the days helping my grandfather with his little inventions And watching and learning from him (he was a great engineer and a wonderful man with heart, just like Belle's dad). Talking to animals about the books I had read. (My kitty!!!)
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Sounds like it's mutual!
    True love always should be.

That didn't actually occur to me until I was making that post, and then I was wth, yes they do lol. All of them were being made to conform, none of them could, and they all went on to break free of it.

I am so making my little girl get into bed with me this evening so we can read those books again.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post

That's why I love Beauty and the Beast....
    I'm going to change my x to an e right now.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    infp

Yup! Though I ultimately chose Belle because in spite of my craziness, as a child especially, I was more like Belle...reading incessantly, making up fantasy worlds, acting them out by myself, even at school (GAH; BIG NO NO), reading history books pretending I was different historical characters and what I would have said if I had been there...Ay yi yi....and of course the days helping my grandfather with his little inventions And watching and learning from him (he was a great engineer and a wonderful man with heart, just like Belle's dad). Talking to animals about the books I had read. (My kitty!!!)

Aside from not having a loving father, (I took the place of the inventor lol) that is exactly like my childhood.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

For me it was Ariel, coz although I spent my time also reading books like Belle, and pretending, I related more to the family Ariel had, and the urge she had to get away from that world, quite literally. I used nature to escape, go for walks with the dog, and if unable to escape, such as in class, or at home, I'd use TV, chatting or just zone out and escape in my musings. I so relate to the desire Ariel has to just flee and the feeling of not belonging, the need to be understood, the burden of being considered a pain in the ass, yet unable to do something about that, etc. Also the need to just gather as much knowledge as you could, collecting new and intriguing stuff, etc. And the subsequent being dragged 'back to earth' by my family and environment
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Mathurin Kerbouchard from the book The Walking Drum.
    It's the guy in the front with a sword. Much like i'm the guy in the front with a sword.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Oh, and I will add, I personally identify with Belle, Ariel and Mulan.
    I pretty like these xNFPs characters.
    But in Mulan, I hardly more identify with Shan Yu and the huns. They're all ISTPs, uh, uh, you don't mess.

[YOUTUBE="4R-yPmcPl2c"]HUNS in China[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9yWo5Gt0Gc"]...[/YOUTUBE]