User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

YouTube - Wingardium Leviosa
    I relate to Hermione Granger way too much for my own good. (Note: this video is way more extreme than I am.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    This interview in particular comes to mind...

[YOUTUBE="RVbLKj0DSM0"]Bob Dylan - San Francisco 1965 Press Conference[/YOUTUBE]
    omg ISFP ftw
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    [YOUTUBE="44FH8SHoD00"]Jack Skellington[/YOUTUBE]
    Rly.
    It seems like several IXTPs I know love this movie heh...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2v7qR38bbA"]Luna Lovegood[/YOUTUBE]

If we are all going Harry Potter...

I was an outcast, like her, coz of my weirdness growing up, and I definitely recognize a lot of myself in her (even to this day).

I'm also surprised that non of the INTP females have posted a vid of Wednesday Adams yet
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2v7qR38bbA"]Luna Lovegood[/YOUTUBE]

If we are all going Harry Potter...

I was an outcast, like her, coz of my weirdness growing up, and I definitely recognize a lot of myself in her (even to this day).

I'm also surprised that non of the INTP females have posted a vid of Wednesday Adams yet
    Yes, I was very much like her and Hermione until I was around 18...quiet, strange, and ostracized from my peers. Bright, but not very understood, with peculiar beliefs. Outside I was also as calm as she was. Inside, I was a volcano.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    infp

According to my brother and a friend of mine, spending the evening with me is like watching this guy:

[YOUTUBE="pbHj7UfZzuM"]Kat williams[/YOUTUBE]

I can see why they would say that, not looks wise though , just in the way I'm constantly entertaining them with my quick jokes about pretty much any thought that pops in to my head, or anything they have just said.

Also my parenting style, according to these same people, is like that of the father in "my wife and kids" if any of you have seen that. Ie sarcastic humour all of the time, but with love too.

I can be serious, but mostly I aim to be funny irl. I want us all to be holding our sides because they hurt so much due to all our laughing.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LL, did you errupt as well? Coz that was me...bottle stuff up, be nice and sweet, and considered weird, till it all got too much and I blew up at people for it. Or, I met someone who actually didn't get weirded out and then proceeded to overwhelm them so much so they were weirded out in the end anyways

On that front, Luna...was/is a lot wiser. She just realizes that people will be people and that she shouldn't let it bother her
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LL, did you errupt as well? Coz that was me...bottle stuff up, be nice and sweet, and considered weird, till it all got too much and I blew up at people for it. Or, I met someone who actually didn't get weirded out and then proceeded to overwhelm them so much so they were weirded out in the end anyways

On that front, Luna...was/is a lot wiser. She just realizes that people will be people and that she shouldn't let it bother her
    YES!!! Did you have that too??? You mean I'm not the only one?

In terms of Luna, I guess this sums up my feeling:

Intellectually, I knew other people did not matter and I should not let things bother me. My logical brain knew this and understood this and realized it was truth. In fact, I realized this so well that I tried to hide feelings.

Example: My classmates would ask me who I liked. I would reply, "No one." Not because I did not like guys - in fact, I had deep, overwhelming feelings (crushes) for several guys - but because I did not want to admit 'weakness.' So I would say, "Pfft, not me. *I* don't have feelings. I don't need a man. I don't want kids, so why should I get married; and if I don't want to get married, why should I date; and if I don't want to date, why should I find anyone attractive?" HAHAHA What a nut. Several people were convinced that I was asexual...

A similar situation resulted as a direct result of my home experience. I fled in my work and buried myself within it (e.g. Hermione Syndrome).

Feelings of anger, rejection, and other shit was buried behind my SO-CALLED RATIONAL brain. Carolyn doesn't HAVE feelings like THAT. Pfft, not me - I AM ENLIGHTENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ay yi yi)

My Ne came in quite helpful in creating a kind of fantasy world, in which I was quite engulfed as a child. It made me quite 'weird'. My crazy ideas, but unlike people who are introverted, I had to express them, which made me even MORE weird....and ostracized, which made me even MORE fanciful...

But my feelings were so strong that I could not just compartmentalize them. It was like a deep, deep WELL of feeling, quite overwhelming - as a child, I didn't know what to DO with it. So I TRIED to hide it - tried very, very hard with Te...

Then, the pressure cooker reached maximum levels and BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even now I sometimes blow up, but thankfully that time is mostly over....

I find that if I let my weirdness out in 'handleable bits' I don't blow up and other people can get used to it after a bit of initial shock, kind of like, "Okay, there's our absent-minded teacher again, who is a bit weird, but in a positive way - quite entertaining actually...."

After developing Te and sometimes if I'm lucky Fe and Se....that helped a GREAT deal to reign in overwhelming weirdness. Compartmentalization tactics along with recognizing social norms and gauging people's reactions.

Then I then 'vent' in 'Vent' and act like a total nut. Or with my husband (poor guy). Then Ne has free reign to jump and gallop all over the place like a wild horse. It's so funny that people think I'm 'under the influence' on there. Okay, admittedly, I get tired, but nothing else...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yeah...sounds like me

I only go completely 'crazy' on my SO..he can take it
    And it too me a while to learn that people...are just people and they cannot help who they are any more than I can. So I sort of learned to channel it, not to blow up on them and only let out sizable bits of my weirdness at the same time. And when I do, people sometimes complain they don't get to see 'all of me'. Most wouldn't be able to handle it though if I were to grant their request for baring all.

It's odd, our type is supposedly good with people...but the fact that we strike most people as so weird and that we are rather sensitive souls, seems to sometimes have the opposite effect, especially when we're younger still.

I wish I woudl've been able to do this when I was younger...it would've spared me a lot of pain. I'm jealous of Luna for figuring it out so soon, I must admit.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    infp

Oh, and I will add, I personally identify with Belle, Ariel and Mulan.

Especially Belle though, nose in a book and fantasising all the time about adventure and excitement. The sweetest kid who only asked her father for a rose, sigh just like I would have.

As a child I could place my family members into the beauty and the beast story very easily.

I'm still looking for my beast though, he needs me.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari