failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I know what you mean. I never felt like anything could get at me. One ISTP friend of mine wound up catching me more than once when I collapsed. He knew before I did. Just some weird look on my face or body posture. I wish my Se worked better. He said, "There's something wrong..." and I believe I was in the middle of saying, "I don't know..." before he made a grab for me.

They aren't possessive either. It's like belonging to someone but not being owned.
    well, my hubby is very possessive in some ways, some ways not. but he is very well-developed in his 'j' and so at times he seems very istj........but still has the Se/Ti thing going strong.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I say all of this knowing I'm going to try and claim Bruce Campbell for the United States of Pink.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    do other types seem so attractive (or repulsive?) to you that it almost seems like some sort of sickness?

what's types are your ailment?
    Not really, I don't have problems with any types, each type has their own motivations for doing things, you just have to be tolerant. Generally I'm a positive guy anyway, optimistic, so I don't hate anyone or any type. Sometimes one or two types can annoy me, but I don't hate them.

MBTI
    ISFJ

None. I've found people I like from all types. Not partial to any one type in particular either. Obviously there are some scenarios where relating makes for a better relational experience, but when everything is said and done some of my best friends are INTJs, ESTJs and ENTJs (just examples here). Types that in theory could rub me the wrong way.

COOL people are the best. Period.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think STs are. Though ISTPs can be cool. As can a few ISTJs. Well, and one ESTJ... I don't know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    No one owns anything but themselves.
    "You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself."
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    "You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself."
    I think you're mistaking "belonging" to someone for simply loving each other and choosing to be together. Belonging to someone means that no matter how you feel about them or what they do to you, you can't get away from them, and have no right to complain. Anymore than cattle can complain about being slaughtered, or a picture can complain about being hung.

Property has nothing to do with love.

MBTI
    ENFP

I like ISTPs and ENTPs and INTJs, I LOVE INFPs...
    Hate SJ's...all four types...they drive me nuts!

The other day I went to my ISTJ neighbor's house, he was watching a Texas Vs LSU baseball game. He said when I came in, "You gonna watch the game?" I said "I dunno, what game?" His jaw dropped.
    "Are you serious? You don't know what game is on? It's the second-to-last game of the college baseball championship!!" I was like, "Oh." Then the same thing happened with me not knowing who was in the championship. I was thinking to myself, "This guy did not go to either of these schools, and even if he did, what is less important than baseball?" It's fine if he's into it, but to be shocked if others aren't is...strange.

Or if I'm at dinner with an SJ...God only knows why I would be at dinner with an SJ - Let's say I came in to Chili's to eat alone and an old SJ acquaintance says, "Hey, remember me from school? I was your class president, hahaha! Come have a seat and eat with me, I won't take no for an answer!"

I reach for the salsa in my usual manner and I hear...

SJ:"No, you're supposed to dip a chip like this."

Me:"Oh. Someone told you that I guess?"
    (he won't understand the sarcasm here.)

SJ:"No! That's just how you're supposed to do it."
    (obviously the answer to my question was "yes," but he will have said "no")

Me:"Well, I trust my judgement every bit as much and maybe a little more than I trust the judgement of some asshole who goes around telling people like you how to dip chips, ok?"

SJ:"Haha, it's not just some guy, it's everyone!"

And he won't understand why that is the most stupid thing that could possibly be said. I gave him several tries to say something reasonable and he just wouldn't do it!!!!

SJs! Fuck!
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

^ roflcopter, +1, etc.

i love everyone, but it's hard not to grit my teeth into aquarium gravel with some SJs

MBTI
    xxxx

Sometimes I honestly feel like I'm the only SJ on the planet that simply abhors sports, especially baseball. There's a reason it's so popular in America: you can pause it for a long time to show a beer commercial. (You'd honestly have to be drunk to find someone hitting a projectile with a stick amusing.) The MBA (or whatever the baseball acronym is) is a monopoly that charges ridiculously high prices just to see a game in person.

Sure, I can see some rationale of playing sports to improve fitness, but watching it? It's simply baffling why someone would sit around for hours and spectate a game. We all know how mentally stimulating it is.

The purpose of sports was to train ancient warriors for combat. I prefer to think that this species has advanced to the point where we don't need to devote so much of our resources into games that no longer serve their original purpose.

</rant>

Into It, I'm sorry to hear you've had such negative experiences with SJs.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?