half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

@heart - cute!

@lauren - the problem is that I generally don't feel that I've slighted you. When I make a light conversation with someone else, it would never cross my mind that it would trouble the I by my side. So when I get the silent treatment, it's always a gamble, then I end up being annoying for asking all the time. It can be like walking on eggshells.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    @heart - cute!

@lauren - the problem is that I generally don't feel that I've slighted you. When I make a light conversation with someone else, it would never cross my mind that it would trouble the I by my side. So when I get the silent treatment, it's always a gamble, then I end up being annoying for asking all the time. It can be like walking on eggshells.
    Well, it must be exhausting for you to have to feel that you must walk on eggshells all the time. Have you ever told any of these friends that you feel this way?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

The good thing is if the Is learn aswell and you look at her and she says: "Yes everything is alrite, I am fine, I am happy and I am totally relaxed now and looking forward to the pizza we ordered."

This does last then for around 120 minutes. If I had to ask "If she is alrite" and she only said "yes" it would have lasted for not more than 5 minutes
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

heart on fire

How could anything be wrong when Pizza is coming?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

This is why introverts and extroverts should never mate.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    @lauren - the problem is that I generally don't feel that I've slighted you. When I make a light conversation with someone else, it would never cross my mind that it would trouble the I by my side.
    I would have this problem with ENxPs sometimes (not that the other Es don't do this as well, but I don't like talking to them as much so I don't mind if they speak with someone else). The ENxP would be talking to me and then all of a sudden starts chatting with someone else and forgets all about our conversation. I'm not an attention hog, but I'm bewildered when/if they do not understand why I was annoyed by this behavior. These are the times when I believe they are more about themselves and their interests than anything else.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I would have this problem with ENxPs sometimes (not that the other Es don't do this as well, but I don't like talking to them as much so I don't mind if they speak with someone else). The ENxP would be talking to me and then all of a sudden starts chatting with someone else and forgets all about our conversation. I'm not an attention hog, but I'm bewildered when they do not understand why I was annoyed by this behavior. These are the times when I believe they are more about themselves and their interests than anything else.
    It would depend on where it happened. Context is everything. At a party I be understanding, I mean it's a limited time/oppurtunity sort of a thing and conversations are more spontaneous and it's about being light and free and exploring other people. I mean there's usually always a dog with a back that needs scratching anyway. So many dogs/cats are neglected you know, they tell me about it when I am at parties.

If we were two co-workers sitting at lunch and she turns to the table behind us and starts a whole new conversation with another co-worker and we all meet there everyday, then yeah I am going to feel slighted, I mean couldn't it wait until we were done? One time isn't going to be the end of the world but if it were a pattern it would get really annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    ...I mean there's usually always a dog with a back that needs scratching anyway. So many dogs/cats are neglected you know, they tell me about it when I am at parties.

Heart, you slay me.

If we were two co-workers sitting at lunch and she turns to the table behind us and starts a whole new conversation with another co-worker and we all meet there everyday, then yeah I am going to feel slighted, I mean couldn't it wait until we were done? One time isn't going to be the end of the world but if it were a pattern it would get really annoying.
    Yes, these are just informal one-on-one conversations, and yes it is a pattern.

heart on fire

Totally off topic, but my friend's dog will come and stand in front of her, with its back twitching and she just ignores it. I say that dog needs its back scratched! She just laughs. How can anyone refuse to scratch?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Well, it must be exhausting for you to have to feel that you must walk on eggshells all the time. Have you ever told any of these friends that you feel this way?
    Yeah, but as much as I don't want to be changed, I really don't want to change anyone else either. People are the way they are and I can either nag them to death, or accept them for who they are and then rant about them on anonymous sites.

Seriously, I wouldn't be friends with someone I didn't care about, so these little things don't matter that much at the end of the day...

Totally off topic, but my friend's dog will come and stand in front of her, with its back twitching and she just ignores it. I say that dog needs its back scratched! She just laughs. How can anyone refuse to scratch?
    Cuuuuute.