User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Hee, yeah, I'm guilty of all of most of these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Guilty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Guilty of most of these as well.
    Well, at least I'm in good company . Guilty of most of these - except that I won't flake out on parties (or other social stuff). If I agree to go, I'm there... even if I regret it later and spend my time hanging out with the pets to avoid having to talk .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

even if I regret it later and spend my time hanging out with the pets to avoid having to talk .
    yes. I'll admit the company has to be really bad before I resort to it, but I've had quite a bit of bonding time with cats at gatherings I'd really rather not be at.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INTP

What really irks me the most about introverts is just how unbelievably good looking they are.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I plead not guilty at present, due to the fact that I'm perfectly isolated from Es at this present point, and this forum being the only place I can find them, voluntarily.

JOUROR 1: We find the defendent NOT GUILTY due to lack of contact with Es who expect these things in the first place. Because the nature of this trial is what Is do, what this I DID is irrelevant to the case.

JUDGE: CASE DISMISSED. The plantiff may now move on to the next defendant in this case.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    If I don't say anything to coax them out, I'm cold. If I try to engage them or ask them what's wrong, I'm belligerent. Can't win and stopped trying.
    I wouldn't think someone was cold for not trying to coax me out. I would probably be relieved and grateful. Trying to push an introvert out of their "shell," is one of the more annoying habits of some extraverts.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    If I may play Devil's advocate.

If you are having an in depth conversation and then shift your focus to another person abruptly, this can be seen as superficial or at least, not fully engaged or interested.
    ...or it could be that you're just being polite, and don't want that other person to think that, just because you're having an interesting conversation already with someone else, this means you don't give a damn about them and consider them insignificant and are closed to the idea of talking to them or them joining in.

Cos you know, the accusation of "cliquishness" comes from I's to E's far more than the other way round. So to add to jeno's "can't win" situation (which sounds very familiar to me too), you've got this thing whereby if you focus solely on one introvert, then another one will think you're in a clique with them and excluding other people. If you show manners and openness to everyone, then they all think you're superficial.

Yes... it is strange, this idea that someone can only be interested in a limited number of people. Yes, that's introvert thinking - maybe you've only got so much extraversion energy, so YOU have to save it for the minority of people you're the most interested in of all. But I have tonnes of that energy, and I'm quite capable of being very interested in a large number of people all at once. That I heard someone, acknowledged them and responded to them doesn't automatically mean that I've lost interest in you or that I didn't really have any in the first place.

STOP TRYING TO PIN ALL YOUR SOCIAL INSECURITIES ONTO ME!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Ah... yes... and there's also the sweeping assumptions that, just because extraverts do socialize, that they therefore have no social anxieties. You know, because I override my lack of confidence or fear of making a fool of myself, just because you don't see those fears on my face and just because I don't let them control my behaviour, it doesn't mean I don't have just as many demons to overcome as you, you poor, tormented soul, so quit using your "issues" as an excuse to cry off everything.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

... but subbie, tell us how you really feel

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    ... but subbie, tell us how you really feel
    Hell yeah, wtf's the thread for if not ranting? :steam:

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I wouldn't think someone was cold for not trying to coax me out. I would probably be relieved and grateful. Trying to push an introvert out of their "shell," is one of the more annoying habits of some extraverts.
    1+

It's the number one thing that makes me avoid some of the extreme E in my family and in-law family. That and screaming into my ear. If you're an E and you don't constantly push at me to be something I am not and you can keep from screaming in the house then you're A-ok in my book!