User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah totally...

Can I add another one?

When the I assumes that because the E doesn't begin every social encounter with revelations of their most interesting, obscure or impressive knowledge, this means they don't have any knowledge...

or

When the I barely says a damn word at all, yet reserves the right to totally judge your worth as a potential friend by what you say in that one encounter. If you judged them by the same criteria that they expect of others, you would never bother with them at all as they never say anything interesting - they just never say anything at all!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    yeah totally...

Can I add another one?

When the I assumes that because the E doesn't begin every social encounter with revelations of their most interesting, obscure or impressive knowledge, this means they don't have any knowledge...

or

When the I barely says a damn word at all, yet reserves the right to totally judge your worth as a potential friend by what you say in that one encounter. If you judged them by the same criteria that they expect of others, you would never bother with them at all as they never say anything interesting - they just never say anything at all!
    Not guilty.

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh hold on, there's the other one: when the I assumes that when the E does begin a social encounter by sharing their interesting knowledge, that this is all about ego and attention whoring, rather than thinking it could just simply be trying to get everyone to engage together in satisfying conversation!

I know, the number of times I see extraverts being accused here of attention seeking behaviour, which actually turns out when the E's are allowed to put their POV across, to have been aimed at getting other people to not notice them any more, by waving things in front of them that they hope will be so absorbing that, like the dude said:

"a real showman knows how to disappear in the spotlight"

It's not ME I want you to pay attention to. It's this THING that I'm telling you.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP

i am guilty of *ahem* none of those <_<
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Oh hold on, there's the other one: when the I assumes that when the E does begin a social encounter by sharing their interesting knowledge, that this is all about ego and attention whoring, rather than thinking it could just simply be trying to get everyone to engage together in satisfying conversation!

It's not ME I want you to pay attention to. It's this THING that I'm telling you.
    This would differ depending on the extravert. Some extraverts really just do like the attention, as do some introverts. But I can discern if this is the case or not, usually after repeated exposure.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I hate it when I am called self centered or egotistical because I want to talk to other people sometimes. When really I see it in the reverse: a lot of introverts seem self centered and egotistical because they always want me to focus solely on them. Heaven forbid if I even look at another person, then the introvert retreats further into that shell. If I don't say anything to coax them out, I'm cold. If I try to engage them or ask them what's wrong, I'm belligerent. Can't win and stopped trying.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I hate it when I am called self centered or egotistical because I want to talk to other people sometimes. When really I see it in the reverse: a lot of introverts seem self centered and egotistical because they always want me to focus solely on them. Heaven forbid if I even look at another person, then the introvert retreats further into that shell. If I don't say anything to coax them out, I'm cold. If I try to engage them or ask them what's wrong, I'm belligerent. Can't win and stopped trying.
    ^^ ++1
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

If I may play Devil's advocate.

If you are having an in depth conversation and then shift your focus to another person abruptly, this can be seen as superficial or at least, not fully engaged or interested.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

1. Flake out on parties because they can't be bothered to be extroverted, then want you to suddenly convert to Introversion when you're hanging out with them.
    2. When I will not accept that the E doesn't want to be introverted at their whim.
    3. When the I's complained themselves into getting their way and you're forced to pretend that it doesn't bother you that this has happened for the third time
    4. When the I never picks up that you might need their company.
    5. When you go out together and the I pays more attention to their drink/tv than you.
    6. When I's get upset just because we try to confirm they're okay by asking a simple question instead of trying to guess what's going on in their head.
    7. When I gets annoyed by a phone call even though the E might feel more comfortable saying something over the phone
    8. They play the victim everytime an E messes up something they tried to plan via telepathy.
    9. When I doesn't talk during one-on-one time and expects us to be some jukebox on demand.
    10. When I doesn't realize that socializing means two people interact with each other, and quiet time is better left to alone time.
    11. When I refuses to keep up a conversation.
    12. When you just decide to continue to talk, the I gets upset that they didn't have time to put their two cents in.

Guilty of bolded. #10 isn't necessarily true: two I's might be happy to "socialize" this way.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeaahhh!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison