First 3456 Last

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    10. When everything has to be a PARTY!!
    9. When E will not accept that you really want to LEAVE the party.
    All E types are only interested in partying? Maybe it's just me then.

8. When E calls too often, talks too much, and says too little.
    I get annoyed when other people do this, actually. I tend to be the type that calls too little.

7. When "E The Intruder" enters your space, uninvited, and handles your stuff.
    I'm not sure this is an extrovert thing. It seems more of a rude-person thing.

6. When you go out together and E talks to the stranger sitting beside you.
    I guess this depends on the context. I'll only talk to a stranger next to me if I have a good reason for doing so, like if they dropped something or I accidentally stepped on their foot. Just doing so for the sake of doing so while you're with someone else is, again, just plain rude.

5. When an E you don't know asks, "Are you okay?" just because you're quiet.
    Can't say I've done this. I can get how annoying it would be, though.

4. When E calls to respond to the e-mail you sent because you didn't want to talk.
    I'm not sure how this can be seen as against your benefit. For a person who's better at communicating verbally, I know I have the tendency to come off as overly rude an impersonal when I try to communicate via email. I just can't seem to formulate words well that way.

3. When E brings someone along to your "one on one" -- as a surprise.
    Okay, this bugs the crap out of me too. Who just does this without asking?

2. When E takes cell phone calls during your time alone.
    Er, in this day and age, who doesn't? I have some very introverted friends who take calls when we're hanging out. As long as the conversation doesn't drag on aimlessly, I don't see how this can still be considered a problem.

1. When E assumes every silence is an invitation to TALK.
    Maybe it's just the N-dominance, but any silence will cause me to go off into my head for a while. I don't feel the need to fill silence with pointless chatter.

1. When E talks at length without a single pause.
    1. When the above behavior requires you to interrupt in order to speak.
    This probably has more to do with maturity. I know I've had this tendency in the past, but I've learned to recognize the body language that translates to "My turn, please!", and I generally try to honour it.

1. When you finally get to speak, and your words remind E of something else to share.
    Er, guilty. Though I do let the other person finish what they were saying before I go off on a tangent.

1. When E is oblivious to all attempts to end the conversation, including "goodbye" and walking away.
    Again, this has more to do with the ability to recognize body language more than anything else. There are some introverts who are bad at it as well, once you get them on a roll. Quite frustrating.

I dunno. Maybe it's that I'm only borderline extroverted myself, but I don't really recognize this behaviour in myself. It seems that only a few of these are actually related to I/E, while the rest are maturity-related. After all, not all extroverts are attention-hogging space-invaders.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Re: no.7
    It's not applicable to all extroverts, but there are some who cross the boundries and a)crowd your personal space, B)Just walk into your room/house, and /or rummage through your desk, without permission...just because they let all and sundry through thiers. It annoys the crap out of me, and they have no fricken idea why I'm mad!
    Most people understand though, and it's kinda hard explaining when this is acceptable and when it isn't.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    The Introvert Power "Extroverts at their Most Annoying" Top 10 List:

10. When everything has to be a PARTY!!
    9. When E will not accept that you really want to LEAVE the party.
    8. When E calls too often, talks too much, and says too little.
    7. When "E The Intruder" enters your space, uninvited, and handles your stuff.
    6. When you go out together and E talks to the stranger sitting beside you.
    5. When an E you don't know asks, "Are you okay?" just because you're quiet.
    4. When E calls to respond to the e-mail you sent because you didn't want to talk.
    3. When E brings someone along to your "one on one" -- as a surprise.
    2. When E takes cell phone calls during your time alone.
    1. When E assumes every silence is an invitation to TALK.
    1. When E talks at length without a single pause.
    1. When the above behavior requires you to interrupt in order to speak.
    1. When you finally get to speak, and your words remind E of something else to share.
    1. When E is oblivious to all attempts to end the conversation, including "goodbye" and walking away.[/I]
    Those are the ones I'm guilty of.
    wails from the crypt.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    As for the introverts at their most annoying... don't get me started!
    And a thread idea was born.

Lightyear undoubtedly inspired a retributive open-season on us with this one. --That and we have our own personal brand of introverted sins.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I hate when E's get that way.

MBTI
    IsTP

I don't know if it is my choice in women but I've had no less than three instances where an extroverted girl has invited me to hang out with her, and when I arrive there are like three other dudes and one of her girlfriends there.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

My husband (i) and I (e) went out with a couple, one of whom was an ESFp/j and the other "was" an introvert who was "fixed" by the E.

We seriously sat and listened to them the entire dinner. It was kind of funny.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, maybe I've done a few of those. But I can think of many Introverts that have done all of them - sometimes completing the list within 72 hours.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I don't know if it is my choice in women but I've had no less than three instances where an extroverted girl has invited me to hang out with her, and when I arrive there are like three other dudes and one of her girlfriends there.

That is the most frustrating situation. I mean, who really invites someone to an awkward social setting like that?

Very rarely have I ever found that scenario comfortable.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

this is great
    these points define the extroverts in my life