User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 58

  1. #21
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    #7 is just weird. I don't see that as an extroversion-related behavior at all.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #22
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    puhleeeese, I read plenty of books. I don't try and change introverts, but I get confused when I am invited to hang out but then systematically ignored. Then I get the cold shoulder if I take a phone call, or talk to the person next to me. You can't have everything, folks.
    The key word from Orange Applied was "when", we all have already said that not all extroverts do these things.

  3. #23
    Te > Fi > Ni Shaula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    #7 is just weird. I don't see that as an extroversion-related behavior at all.
    +1

    Particularly if they are a stranger...
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

  4. #24
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    I really hate that Extroverts are totally awesome. Sooo annoying.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  5. #25
    Senior Member WoodsWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    884

    Default

    All of the #1s and the 8. ---My mother the ENFP described perfectly. ---She does listen when I do get her attention, and sincerely wants to try to be different, but it never sticks very long... sometimes about 5 seconds.

    Which is why MBTI has been such a gift to me - I'm perfectly OK the way I am, being alone is OK, etc.

  6. #26
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,130

    Default

    6 and 3 are the only ones that really bug me.

  7. #27
    wholly charmed Spartacuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I would add...

    - When the E expects everyone to be extroverted like they are, and sees introversion as a flaw.
    - When the E takes your introversion as a personal affront.
    - When the E thinks that independent activities are boring (ie. reading a book alone) & thinks that anyone who prefers these things to a party doesn't "have a life".
    These should top the list.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

  8. #28
    The Architect Alwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Your average extrovert isn't like this, but highly extroverted people are annoying because they do not appear to actively listen, but instead, passively listen. For example, they will ask for your take on something, but don't seem to actually care. To them it just seems to be a formality to ask (you say something, I say something beep beep) because they will either rudely interrupt you in mid-sentence, or mishear what you said in the first place because they weren't really listening anyway. Which leads to the next annoyance: they don't talk to you, they talk at you. In fact, they talk just for the sake of talking, regardless of meaning or content.

    Watching two of them communicate with one another is a lot like watching two monkeys fling their poo back and forth. It's the weirdest damned thing. You'll see them rapidly talking at each other with incoherent statements, constantly interrupting the other until a black hole is formed in the vacuum and any sense of what it means to communicate to another person is lost.

    I am exaggerating that last bit, but you get the idea. The worst though is that they just don't accept you as a human being, they are not content that you, the introvert, exists. I accept them and the fact that they exist so long as they respect my autonomy, but it never seems to work the other way around. To them, the introvert is broken, and needs to be fixed with constant violations of his/her personal space and often privacy.

    Perhaps many introverts become very cynical about extroverts because of these particular monsters. Though in general, extroverts, like I said, don't really bother me and I quite like them most of the time.

  9. #29
    Senior Member stigmatica's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Your average extrovert isn't like this, but highly extroverted people are annoying because they do not appear to actively listen, but instead, passively listen. For example, they will ask for your take on something, but don't seem to actually care. To them it just seems to be a formality to ask (you say something, I say something beep beep) because they will either rudely interrupt you in mid-sentence, or mishear what you said in the first place because they weren't really listening anyway. Which leads to the next annoyance: they don't talk to you, they talk at you. In fact, they talk just for the sake of talking, regardless of meaning or content.

    Watching two of them communicate with one another is a lot like watching two monkeys fling their poo back and forth. It's the weirdest damned thing. You'll see them rapidly talking at each other with incoherent statements, constantly interrupting the other until a black hole is formed in the vacuum and any sense of what it means to communicate to another person is lost.

    I am exaggerating that last bit, but you get the idea. The worst though is that they just don't accept you as a human being, they are not content that you, the introvert, exists. I accept them and the fact that they exist so long as they respect my autonomy, but it never seems to work the other way around. To them, the introvert is broken, and needs to be fixed with constant violations of his/her personal space and often privacy.

    Perhaps many introverts become very cynical about extroverts because of these particular monsters. Though in general, extroverts, like I said, don't really bother me and I quite like them most of the time.
    Uh huh... go on... yep... how nice!

  10. #30
    nevermore lane777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    635

    Default

    The ones ignored, I am not bothered by, or have no experience with. I don't care at this moment to specify which.

    10. When everything has to be a PARTY!!
    9. When E will not accept that you really want to LEAVE the party.
    8. When E calls too often, talks too much, and says too little.
    7. When "E The Intruder" enters your space, uninvited, and handles your stuff.
    6. When you go out together and E talks to the stranger sitting beside you.
    5. When an E you don't know asks, "Are you okay?" just because you're quiet.
    I don't mind, as long as they believe me when I tell them I'm fine... and they usually do, so no issue here.
    4. When E calls to respond to the e-mail you sent because you didn't want to talk.
    I wouldn't have a problem with this, as long as they don't have a problem with slow replies. I need time to form my thoughts and string words together
    3. When E brings someone along to your "one on one" -- as a surprise. *shudders*
    2. When E takes cell phone calls during your time alone. Oooh, ouch. (if done repeatedly)
    1. When E assumes every silence is an invitation to TALK.
    1. When E talks at length without a single pause. Often I have so little to say simply because of this. Usually I'll have many questions or comments come up during an E's long winded chatter, but by the time they finally leave a short pause, I've forgotten them all.
    1. When the above behavior requires you to interrupt in order to speak. I will never interrupt. Again, I end up not having much to say.
    1. When you finally get to speak and your words remind E of something else to share. I believe this is only happens a lot with unhealthy E's... those who are so self absorbed they befriend you only to play spectator of their lives.
    1. When E is oblivious to all attempts to end the conversation, including "goodbye" and walking away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwar
    Your average extrovert isn't like this, but highly extroverted people are annoying because they do not appear to actively listen, but instead, passively listen. For example, they will ask for your take on something, but don't seem to actually care. To them it just seems to be a formality to ask (you say something, I say something beep beep) because they will either rudely interrupt you in mid-sentence, or mishear what you said in the first place because they weren't really listening anyway. Which leads to the next annoyance: they don't talk to you, they talk at you. In fact, they talk just for the sake of talking, regardless of meaning or content.

    Watching two of them communicate with one another is a lot like watching two monkeys fling their poo back and forth. It's the weirdest damned thing. You'll see them rapidly talking at each other with incoherent statements, constantly interrupting the other until a black hole is formed in the vacuum and any sense of what it means to communicate to another person is lost.

    I am exaggerating that last bit, but you get the idea. The worst though is that they just don't accept you as a human being, they are not content that you, the introvert, exists. I accept them and the fact that they exist so long as they respect my autonomy, but it never seems to work the other way around. To them, the introvert is broken, and needs to be fixed with constant violations of his/her personal space and often privacy.

    Perhaps many introverts become very cynical about extroverts because of these particular monsters. Though in general, extroverts, like I said, don't really bother me and I quite like love them most of the time.
    My sentiments... almost exactly.
    Last edited by lane777; 06-24-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

    INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Similar Threads

  1. Personalities and functions at their most intense
    By Azure Flame in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 05:40 PM
  2. Most annoying people you know of a particular MBTI type?
    By goodgrief in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 06:56 AM
  3. What people and things have the most annoying fans?
    By EffEmDoubleyou in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 10:42 AM
  4. Replies: 100
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 06:35 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Possible explination of INFJ's and Ni at their worst.
    By Athenian200 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 01:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO