User Tag List

View Poll Results: Where do you squeeze? (This is a public poll)

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • I squeeze from the bottom, like you're supposed too

16 26.67%
  • Where ever my hand happens to squeeze it at the moment

36 60.00%
  • I don't use toothpaste.

1 1.67%
  • Other ~ Please tell us about it.

7 11.67%
First 3456 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    but I do squeeze every bit out of it before I bust open a new tube.
    If I leave it out on counter husband will do this for me. It gives him a sense of purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    There are lots of folks that squeeze from whereever, and then make it look nice afterward--see, that's just inefficient, to me. If you squeeze from the bottom, you only have to do it once. If you squeeze from the middle and straighten it afterwards with the cap on, you have to bother with it twice. I don't have the patience for that.

Sky, that pic made my blood boil, too. I think what I hate about it is that I just don't get why you'd do it. They won't be able to squeeze anything out of that tube until it's straightened back out again. I think this is maybe the only thing I'm truly OCD about.
    I read that this is a really basic sign of left brain dom vs. right brain dom (In one of those books that tries to help right brain dom people get organized).

Left brained people want to squeeze the toothpaste out as effciently as possible and right brained people can't be bothered.

In other aspects of life, like school or work, people may have been conditioned to do things in a more left brained way but at the toothpaste tube the book claims we all tend to act as is more basic to us.

Is it true? Who knows.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    I honestly don't have a system. If I can find the tube right now, I'm doing well.
    Feel free to vote: "Squeeze where ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm so P, I just throw the tube away and use a new one if the paste isn't coming out as quickly as I want it too.
    Yeah, left to my own devices I've never made sure I got every freaking drop of paste out the tube.

My parents both used a toothpaste key, they didn't have a fancy toothpaste squeezer like now. I can't tell you how many times I would still squeeze the tube from the top without thinking about it and then later catch hell like maybe my actions were that final step that was going to land us in the poor house or make the Russians set off the nukes. I 'd be like "damn! I gotta be more mindful"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Squeeze wherever and make it pretty when the cap is back on.

That.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post

That.
    I think a person well balanced between left and right dom does this. I didn't even consider this type of senario when I made the poll.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post

That.
    This is me, too. But I don't always make it pretty when the cap is back on so I picked that I squeeze it wherever in the poll.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I buy flip-top lids that don't disattach to avoid losing 10 lids down the sink.

and I squeeze at random until the tooth paste reaches low levels but I do squeeze every bit out of it before I bust open a new tube.
    This.

I couldn't care less about what the tube looks like (in fact, until this thread, I don't think it ever would have occurred to me that anyone notices such things ). But... losing the top? That would drive me nuts. Flip-tops all the way.

When the tube gets low, then I'll squish it flat from the bottom, but there's nothing aesthetic about it. But I'm not *quite* anal about it to be one of those people who get the scissors out and cut the top off to get the last smidgen out .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by laughingebony View Post
    Ditto.

When I absolutely can't get any more toothpaste out by squeezing, I cut open the tube and swab what's left.
    I do this with Aveeno hand lotion, that stuff's expensive. I can get almost another week's worth doing this.

On the toothpaste front, I squeeze anywhichway then use a clip or key like thingy I got from my haircutter to roll the bottom up getting all the minty goodness out of the tube.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    haha, so do i.
    and i also squeeze from wherever.

also, for what it's worth, i brush my teeth while i'm showering.

Now that's just weird, west texas. But very efficient.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    GONE

Oh man, this is why cohabitation with some people wouldn't work. I don't put the cap back on the tube, I squeeze from wherever, I splash around like crazy near the sink, I drip onto the floor after a shower. In short - I use stuff like I mean it.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

I have done any of the options listed at any given time. My exactitude or disorderliness is strictly mood-based.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke