User Tag List

View Poll Results: Where do you squeeze? (This is a public poll)

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • I squeeze from the bottom, like you're supposed too

16 26.67%
  • Where ever my hand happens to squeeze it at the moment

36 60.00%
  • I don't use toothpaste.

1 1.67%
  • Other ~ Please tell us about it.

7 11.67%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

There are lots of folks that squeeze from whereever, and then make it look nice afterward--see, that's just inefficient, to me. If you squeeze from the bottom, you only have to do it once. If you squeeze from the middle and straighten it afterwards with the cap on, you have to bother with it twice. I don't have the patience for that.

Sky, that pic made my blood boil, too. I think what I hate about it is that I just don't get why you'd do it. They won't be able to squeeze anything out of that tube until it's straightened back out again. I think this is maybe the only thing I'm truly OCD about.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I buy flip-top lids that don't disattach to avoid losing 10 lids down the sink.

and I squeeze at random until the tooth paste reaches low levels but I do squeeze every bit out of it before I bust open a new tube.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Sky, that pic made my blood boil, too. I think what I hate about it is that I just don't get why you'd do it. They won't be able to squeeze anything out of that tube until it's straightened back out again. I think this is maybe the only thing I'm truly OCD about.
    Fellow toothpaste tube-nazi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I buy flip-top lids that don't disattach to avoid losing 10 lids down the sink.
    +1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

I squeeze wherever until the tube is about a third or halfway through because until then, with the sturdy ones, it doesn't really matter. You're only squeezing so much out and aesthetically you haven't destroyed the "purity of the tubeness".

Once I get to the point where the aesthetics may be affected, I do indeed start at the bottom. Even so, I don't like looking at tubes that have the mass of the paste towards the top and nothing at the bottom. Also these tubes are less likely to hold up in my large glass - I want my tube to stand tall gosh darnit! So my aim is to keep it pretty even, right until the end. At the very end, I will not cut it open but I will press through from bottom to top and then start the rolling. Yes, it's true, I'm a roller. Desperate times, people....

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I mostly squeeze at the bottom but I might be squeezing wherever when I'm thinking about something else during the whole process.
    Thinking about something else is the defining factor of the whole thing... Se could be totally out to lunch and I could be painting what I think the word "exquillion" might look like in my head (it would be blue-green) (for the record) (possibly with gold sprinkles)

garbage

Bottom. Dammit, I'm going to get my money's worth.

MBTI
    ISXJ

When the tube is brand new, I squeeze from wherever. However, once there's a little bit room that's not being taken up by toothpaste I squeeze from the bottom just to keep things efficient.

As it goes along getting used up, I find myself dragging the tube of toothpaste along the edge of the counter so that the toothpaste always stays at the top.

This is the natural condition that I found my tube of toothpaste in. People worry about what their toothpaste looks like?

If you call my habit inefficient, I'd agree with you, but so what? You may save an extra 30 or 40 seconds by the time the tube is empty, but that's such a small difference. At the end of my life, I may have wasted a few extra minutes dealing with toothpaste, but I can live with that. If anything is important, I'm efficient, so I probably have a huge surplus of saved time. Just the fact that I walk fast is probably enough to cancel out any time I waste with toothpaste and then some. I woke up earlier than I usually do today, so I've already made up for all that lost time for the rest of my life. However, you can't really save time, anyway. It goes by no matter what. I don't dislike brushing my teeth enough to want to rush through it.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I tend to squeeze from the middle to get the squeezy stuff out then when I'm finished I push up from the bottom so itís left neat for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    When the tube is brand new, I squeeze from wherever. However, once there's a little bit room that's not being taken up by toothpaste I squeeze from the bottom just to keep things efficient.

As it goes along getting used up, I find myself dragging the tube of toothpaste along the edge of the counter so that the toothpaste always stays at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I'm with Trinity on this one. Squeeze wherever and then make it look nice after. I don't think I'd even like the aesthetics of a tube that had a toothpaste squeezer attached though.

Times another one, but forget Fidelia's look nice business.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'm so J, I have a toothpaste squeezer!

Falcarius did not know them things even existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm so P, I just throw the tube away and use a new one if the paste isn't coming out as quickly as I want it too.
    haha, so do i.
    and i also squeeze from wherever.

also, for what it's worth, i brush my teeth while i'm showering.