User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Introverts

Permabanned

Default Introverts

when seing through an introverts eyes there seems to be a tunnel like look to it, like they are peering out from far inside. yay or nay?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

as in we keep ourselves more distant from others? yeah thats fair

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Eh. Probably. Depends on how interested I am in what my interlocutor has to say... or if I'm drunk. *shrug*

Though I do notice that the look in an introvert's eyes can seem a bit detached.
    4w5.

"We trust the local doctor, we trust the medicine.
    Our child gets a scratch, we get our child a brand new head.
    We eat what's on our plate, we drink what's in our cup...
    We like the shiny TV screen, it spits, we lap it up...
    They sing a song, we hum along.
    We sing; but we don't understand the words to the song."
    -- High As A Horse

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    when seing through an introverts eyes there seems to be a tunnel like look to it, like they are peering out from far inside. yay or nay?
    Nay, or more precisely. Sometimes. Meaning, this happens with extroverts as well.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Introverts have been shown to have more blood flow going to the parts of their brain that deal with internal processing and thought, like the frontal lobes. Extroverts have more blood flow in areas that deal with the sensory and emotional experience.

So introverts are simply focused more on their internal experience than extroverts, and that is what creates the perceived barrier and distance between them and the external world and the extroverts living in it.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Introverts have been shown to have more blood flow going to the parts of their brain that deal with internal processing and thought, like the frontal lobes. Extroverts have more blood flow in areas that deal with the sensory and emotional experience.

So introverts are simply focused more on their internal experience than extroverts, and that is what creates the perceived barrier and distance between them and the external world and the extroverts living in it.
    Can you site the source of that information? Thx.

Findies: Cerebral Blood Flow and Personality: A Positron Emission Tomography Study -- Johnson et al. 156 (2): 252 -- Am J Psychiatry

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post

Source?
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Can you site the source of that information? Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Source?
    Sure.

Cerebral Blood Flow and Personality: A Positron Emission Tomography Study

OBJECTIVE: This study sought to describe brain regions associated with the personality dimension of introversion/extraversion. METHOD: Measures of cerebral blood flow (CBF) were obtained from 18 healthy subjects by means of [15O]H2O positron emission tomography. Correlations of regional CBF with introversion/extraversion were calculated, and a three-dimensional map of those correlations was generated. RESULTS: Overall, introversion was associated with increased blood flow in the frontal lobes and in the anterior thalamus. Regions in the anterior cingulate gyrus, the temporal lobes, and the posterior thalamus were found to be correlated with extraversion. CONCLUSIONS: The findings of the study lend support to the notion that introversion is associated with increased activity in frontal lobe regions. Moreover, the study suggests that individual differences in introversion and extraversion are related to differences in a fronto-striato-thalamic circuit.

Am J Psychiatry 156:252-257, February 1999
    ©Copyright 1999 American Psychiatric Association
    Cerebral Blood Flow and Personality: A Positron Emission Tomography Study -- Johnson et al. 156 (2): 252 -- Am J Psychiatry

MBTI
    xxxx

Interesting, a study has found physiological connection between Introversion/Extroversion and cerebral blood flow. I haven't seen that study before. I'll definitely have to look further into that. Thanks.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

eh, nay, not from my perspective, anyway. It feels a little being underwater, in a totally different world, and coming up for air from time to time.
    I think I think more than you think I think.