First 25333435

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

But you're not being rational. If you were you could separate your personal dislike from what being an ISTJ actually means. And you still hating on ISTJs this vehemently after knowing your ex is ISTJ is highly suspect. It's a very common bullshit condition for people to hate on a type because of an ex or a parent or something.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Who said I hate ISTJ's? I said I dislike what I percieve to be their negative qualities. ENTJ's and ISTJ's share many of the same characteristics but are to a certain degree, functional opposites. We are bound to get irritated by each other's thought processes, which is exactly why I react the way I do to them. I dislike their strangehold on concrete reality and they dislike my use of complex abstractions. We are both very sure of our techniques too (100% confidence in ourselves as a matter of fact), which leads to a lot of head butting. You see it as irrationality and I see it as confidence in my own facts. Big whoop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I see NTJs as a lot more emotional or Fi driven than they like to admit to themselves sometimes.

They think they're being "objective" even when they aren't. It's so weird. I guess it's their intense personality fixation on "consistency" that doesn't allow them to see (or maybe just accept) normal human inconsistencies within themselves.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I would be more interested in hearing everyone describe the most boring person(s) you know and why they are boring to you. Please don't make it a parent though. It's boring to talk about parents as we all know parents are boring.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i don't think there are boring people, just boring situations and different interests. i know some people who i never noticed and dismissed as boring, but then i learn that they're cool and interesting later on. sure istj's can be boring, but i've been bored to death by enfp's who wouldn't shut up plenty of times too.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I would be more interested in hearing everyone describe the most boring person(s) you know and why they are boring to you. Please don't make it a parent though. It's boring to talk about parents as we all know parents are boring.
    Honestly? Two people: an INTJ and an ESFJ.

The INTJ is 23 - and she looks and acts EXACTLY the same as she did at 11. Same haircut, same red jacket, etc. All she cares about is studying. She's never been with a guy, never had a job, has no hobbies, speaks in monotone, etc.

The ESFJ is 51 - all he talks about is small-talk things - except at excruciating length. He'll go on and on about how he cooked lobster last night, go on and one about Home Depot, etc etc. He hates reading, doesn't care at all about politics, religion, science, art. All he does is watch football, watch cartoons and smoke/drink.
    He CAN be amusing, but in an embarrassing way, not intentionally. For example, eating food scraps right off of downtown streets, patting store clerks on the head, HAVING A REALLY LOUD VOICE THAT HE CANNOT TURN DOWN, etc. I think he has Asperger's Syndrome.

These people are most boring to ME - not in an absolute sense. If someone liked studying or domestic/home topics, these 2 people would be absolutely riveting to them.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Did we all decide on ISTJ yet?

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Most ISTJ's I've met are pretty damn funny. I don't really find them boring.

I can see myself getting bored if they don't have that sense of humor though. I had this major crush on this ISTJ back in highschool. In retrospect, I dunno what I was thinking. Physically very attractive (to my eyes) but man she can bore me shitless.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    My dad (ISTJ) acts like that most of the time when at home and he's been completely sober for a year. He's sometimes funny but other times just disturbingly weird. For example...

Me: Hey did you know there are squirells in the back yard?
    Dad: There are?
    Me: Yeah they like to hang out on top of the fence.
    Dad: Great! I'll plink them off my rifle.

[Complete silence in the car.]
    Dad: Cocks...
    Me: What?
    Dad: Cocks... [snickering] falling from the sky!
    Me: What!?
    Dad: [Laughing] Hunderds of cocks! In the middle of the road! [Slaps the steering wheel.]
    Me: I don't understand you sometimes...
    Dad: [Continues laughing loudly.]

He also has various 'characters' that he voices. He can speak in many different accents fairly well (mostly Australian, German, Russian, Romanian, and Scottish) and has even fooled some people about his nationality. Many have mentioned that he should do voice acting or be on radio. He can be actually pretty amusing.

Me on the other hand... I am significantly more boring.
    The ISTJ I know can do accents really well, too. She also tends to tell borderline offensive jokes about people of other nationalities, even though you would never otherwise think she had prejudices.