User Tag List

First 223031323334 Last

Results 311 to 320 of 349

  1. #311
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    Coming from someone that changes their type all the time to be ambiguous, that's really saying a lot. Who the heck are you anyway. Do you even know? You've had like 8 types listed for yourself since I've been in this forum.
    You know why? Because I want to be correct about my type and I've been learning function theory slowly over time. I don't just slap on some bullshit type and say 'yep this is me, even if I don't really understand why I'm calling myself this.'

  2. #312
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    What doi think of the ISTJ's on the forum? They are nice because they very rarely have anyone truly challenge them. If a real challenge appeared they would run away with their tails between their legs.
    No they wouldn't. What they would do is give up on you, and realize that your bias is too deep-seated to be worth fighting about. You don't fight whenever you feel like fighting. You don't attack people for being irritating whenever that irritation crosses your mind. Here's why:

    1) The world does not revolve around you and your opinions, and therefore your pet peeves, depending on the situation, are not always worthy of attention or respect,
    2) There is such a thing as tact, and
    3) If you challenge people in real life in the same manner that you challenge people on this forum, then you have no tact and you come across as being an argumentative jerk.

    I think a lot of ISTJs (and ESTJs and really anyone else) would agree with me when I say that arguing for the sake of full disclosure is stupid and pointless. You fight when it's necessary and when there's a chance that what you say will make some sort of difference. Which is why I'm walking away, and why I suggest you do the same.

    If this makes me like an ISTJ, then so be it.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  3. #313
    Senior Member bcubchgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You know why? Because I want to be correct about my type and I've been learning function theory slowly over time. I don't just slap on some bullshit type and say 'yep this is me, even if I don't really understand why I'm calling myself this.'
    Yeah well I don't believe you. You're the girl who cried wolf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive

  4. #314
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    ISTJ's are the most infuriatingly obstinate, full-of-themselves, stuck up people on the face of the planet. They know it too. Their idea of how the world operates is that everyone should revolve around them, which is complete bullshit. I'm here to call their bluff. And it's not only because an ISTJ left me with a broken heart - it has been long enough that I'm not carrying around anything heavy anymore. I just find it absolutely baffling how little they think in terms of other people. They are extremely selfish and also very unwilling to compromise on their perceived values. They might be brilliant human beings but if your brilliance does not allow for alternate viewpoints or limits not only yourself but others there is something wrong. Most ISTJs believe in their own self-righteous approximation of how the world works. What they don't realize is that they would truly benefit from being a student of life more often instead of a dictator. People resent them because they espouse an incredibly biased viewpoint towards everything. Open your mind, let your soul fly free, and stop listening to that little voice in your head that makes you react towards life in a way which not only limits expression but also puts everyone else on guard because you believe that your way is the only way to live. It's not. Get over yourselves. Over and out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    You might think that I am being representative of the thing that I believe that I hate. But you would be misinterpreting me. I do not think I am always right. As i posted in another thread, I believe in a world of possibilities. This goes against the typical ISTJ viewpoint because they are not into possibilities. That being said, the overwhelming majority of ISTJs exhibit the qualities I have mentioned. And I've met a lot of them in my life. Not just the one who broke my heart. They make up a huge percentage of the population. I am not saying that they are without any positive qualities. It's just that their negative qualities are so infuriating that they need to be called out, IMO. The typical ISTJ is a conservative thinker, and also very secretive. I am not secretive. I will tell you to your face that your viewpoint is bullshit. ISTJs hate that because they have having to be reactionary. It means that they have to face their negative emotions when they behave this way. They'd rather mull over the implication of the accusation and respond later so they don't come across as assholes. Problem is, they come across as assholes most of the time anyway because they let things fester and then they explode.

    What doi think of the ISTJ's on the forum? They are nice because they very rarely have anyone truly challenge them. If a real challenge appeared they would run away with their tails between their legs.
    Good job, soldier; you heroically bitched on an anonymous internet forum. Want a biscuit?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  5. #315
    Senior Member bcubchgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    No they wouldn't. What they would do is give up on you, and realize that your bias is too deep-seated to be worth fighting about. You don't fight whenever you feel like fighting. You don't attack people for being irritating whenever that irritation crosses your mind. Here's why:

    1) The world does not revolve around you and your opinions, and therefore your pet peeves, depending on the situation, are not always worthy of attention or respect,
    2) There is such a thing as tact, and
    3) If you challenge people in real life in the same manner that you challenge people on this forum, then you have no tact and you come across as being an argumentative jerk.

    I think a lot of ISTJs (and ESTJs and really anyone else) would agree with me when I say that arguing for the sake of full disclosure is stupid and pointless. You fight when it's necessary and when there's a chance that what you say will make some sort of difference. Which is why I'm walking away, and why I suggest you do the same.

    If this makes me like an ISTJ, then so be it.
    Giving up gives other people the impression that you are not interested in compromise. Unbeknownst to you, I actually am interested in compromise. It's the ISTJ unwillingness that is ridiculous and baffling. Not my in-your-face rhetoric. I don't mince words and I'm not afraid to tell it like it is just to keep the peace. That's a coward's way out.

    1) I know. However, given that I am very sure that I am much more open minded that any IsTJ,i'm pretty confident about my opinion.
    2) ISTJs think they know about tact - until they have to apply it under pressure. That's my strength, not theirs.
    3) life is all about challenge. You either adapt to it or die. ISTJs do not like to be challenged because it makes them have to use up too much energy.

    I am not arguing for full disclosure. I am arguing for an unbiased argument, something which does not always exist in the world of the ISTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive

  6. #316
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I think a lot of ISTJs .... would agree with me when I say that arguing for the sake of full disclosure is stupid and pointless.
    This has been my observation of the ISTJs I've known.

    I admire it about them.

  7. #317
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    Yeah well I don't believe you. You're the girl who cried wolf.
    You don't believe me? You don't believe that I've been studying Jungian function theory and just recently studied Beebe and Lenore Thomson, and that it took me a while to convert the abstract ideas of the functions into concrete manifestation? You don't believe that I didn't know what the fuck I was talking about for at least the first six months on this forum, and that I kept mixing together Keirsey, MBTI, and a little bit of Jung together for at least a year and a half?

    You don't believe that I finally read Jung?

    What exactly do you not believe? Do you even know function theory? Have you ever read Jung, Beebe, Thomson, Van der Hoop, or even Keirsey? I mean really, really read it and studied it?

    What you're saying about not believing me doesn't even quite make sense. Are you drunk?

  8. #318
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    However, given that I am very sure that I am much more open minded that any IsTJ,i'm pretty confident about my opinion.
    LULZ! FANTASTIC DISPLAY OF IRONY! GOOD SHOW!

    ISTJs think they know about tact - until they have to apply it under pressure. That's my strength, not theirs.
    That's not exactly what we're seeing from you at the moment, soooo....

    life is all about challenge. You either adapt to it or die. ISTJs do not like to be challenged because it makes them have to use up too much energy.
    You really do not understand personality theory. Like really, really. ISTJs and ENTJs just like different kinds of challenges, and Si types do adapt, they adapt very well in fact. They're quite good at surviving and succeeding, and there's a whole big bunch of them, which would indicate possibly even a genetic edge.

    I am not arguing for full disclosure. I am arguing for an unbiased argument, something which does not always exist in the world of the ISTJ.
    Which ISTJ?

  9. #319
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    Giving up gives other people the impression that you are not interested in compromise. Unbeknownst to you, I actually am interested in compromise. It's the ISTJ unwillingness that is ridiculous and baffling. Not my in-your-face rhetoric. I don't mince words and I'm not afraid to tell it like it is just to keep the peace. That's a coward's way out.

    1) I know. However, given that I am very sure that I am much more open minded that any IsTJ,i'm pretty confident about my opinion.
    2) ISTJs think they know about tact - until they have to apply it under pressure. That's my strength, not theirs.
    3) life is all about challenge. You either adapt to it or die. ISTJs do not like to be challenged because it makes them have to use up too much energy.

    I am not arguing for full disclosure. I am arguing for an unbiased argument, something which does not always exist in the world of the ISTJ.
    There is some truth in what you write.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #320
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You don't believe me? You don't believe that I've been studying Jungian function theory and just recently studied Beebe and Lenore Thomson, and that it took me a while to convert the abstract ideas of the functions into concrete manifestation? You don't believe that I didn't know what the fuck I was talking about for at least the first six months on this forum, and that I kept mixing together Keirsey, MBTI, and a little bit of Jung together for at least a year and a half?

    You don't believe that I finally read Jung?

    What exactly do you not believe? Do you even know function theory? Have you ever read Jung, Beebe, Thomson, Van der Hoop, or even Keirsey? I mean really, really read it and studied it?

    What you're saying about not believing me doesn't even quite make sense. Are you drunk?
    I agree- you used to have some real biased crap to say, especially about sensors. You definitely have converted in small doses.

Similar Threads

  1. INFJs = The most attractive Personality type
    By Stansmith in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 06:57 PM
  2. What personality types does popular culture encourage most?
    By FinalFrontier89 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-10-2015, 04:05 PM
  3. What are the 3 most common personality types among successful ENTREPRENEURS ?
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-15-2015, 05:22 PM
  4. [MBTItm] NFs What personality type(s) calm you down the most and why?
    By ReadingRainbows in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 10:42 PM
  5. What's the most "insane" personality type?
    By RaptorWizard in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 11:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO