User Tag List

First 202829303132 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Or he just made it up because it's just his personal opinion.

Another person could easily feel that E S and T are much more interesting than I N and F. And none of this has jack shit to do with the functions, so I'm not sure why it would be taken srsly.
    Of course it is just my personal opinion, and of course others think differently. Did anyone expect an objective answer here? Good. Because 'boring' is not an attribute of a thing but a judgment attributed to a thing.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Good God. So much for INTPs being detached and rational.
    Pfft. Most INTPs on this forum are mistyped. I'd wager a good 75-85% of them.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Names. We need names, Orangey!

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Agreed, and I'd guess that most of the mistyped ones are simply jaded/cynical INFPs.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Of course it is just my personal opinion, and of course others think differently. Did anyone expect an objective answer here? Good. Because 'boring' is not an attribute of a thing but a judgment attributed to a thing.
    I know that you know it's your opinion.

It's just that the other guy was trying to make it sound like a theory or something lol.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't know if I agree with you verbatim, but I do think some INTPs are mistyped. I don't think it's quite that many though. When someone is an INTP, you expect them to be intelligent, analytical, and rational. Ignoring for the moment that these words have different expectations for different people and that we attach certain meaning to them, we have parameters for "is probably an INTP."

When one appears silly or ignorant, it's tempting to say he's mistyped. I don't think that's the case at all. Rather, it's possible that there are many stupid as fuck INTPs. In fact, too many to count. INTPc is loaded! Types really don't have anything to do with intelligence. Perhaps they can help predict certain types of intelligence, but even that is pushing it. I would expect an NT to be more knowledgeable about quantum mechanics than an SP in most cases.

The sooner we vanquish this notion that type is a useful indicator of knowledge, personality, ability for logical reasoning, open-mindedness etc., the better. IOW, it's more likely an INTP is stupid than it is an INTP is mistyped.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Amen, @NegativeZero! (Although I would say "closed-minded" or "judgmental" instead of "stupid".)

Speaking as someone with an INTP dad, I know what it looks like when an INTP is irrational -- and it is an interesting experience, because not only are they irrational, but they are belligerently irrational, and completely unaware that they are! And that does not make them mistyped. INTPs are not robots, as much as they might sometimes feel like they are, or accidentally convince others that they are.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    IOW, it's more likely an INTP is stupid than it is an INTP is mistyped.
    Hmm.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You seem confused. Either that or you disagree with me. What's up?
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    I don't know if I agree with you verbatim, but I do think some INTPs are mistyped. I don't think it's quite that many though. When someone is an INTP, you expect them to be intelligent, analytical, and rational. Ignoring for the moment that these words have different expectations for different people and that we attach certain meaning to them, we have parameters for "is probably an INTP."

When one appears silly or ignorant, it's tempting to say he's mistyped. I don't think that's the case at all. Rather, it's possible that there are many stupid as fuck INTPs. In fact, too many to count. INTPc is loaded! Types really don't have anything to do with intelligence. Perhaps they can help predict certain types of intelligence, but even that is pushing it. I would expect an NT to be more knowledgeable about quantum mechanics than an SP in most cases.

The sooner we vanquish this notion that type is a useful indicator of knowledge, personality, ability for logical reasoning, open-mindedness etc., the better. IOW, it's more likely an INTP is stupid than it is an INTP is mistyped.
    I strongly agree with the bolded. I also agree that there are NTs lacking certain types of intelligence that can make seem them seem stupid, and that they can be ignorant.

However, it seems to me that extreme lack of emotional control would indicate a mistyping rather than low intelligence. INTPs are Fe inferiors, and I don't usually even see them have the 'splosions that INTJs can have with their tert Fi. INTPs usually show Fe by becoming very nagging or strangely ethical about certain issues ...and yeah.