User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Hi. My name is Patches. I'm probably the most sex-obsessed, dirty-minded, and kinky nymphomaniac that ever did grace this forum. You can find me in various threads and ventrilo e-humping the leg of just about every guy and girl that won't report me for sexual harassment. Nice to meet you.
    Where's the challenge?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rhath89 View Post
    Well from experience, whether it be statistically accurate or not, as an NT, SF's just seems to not make enough sense to me, and after enough has become enough I start letting all the emotional "crap" go in one ear and out the other while trying to pick up on what's relevent to me. My esfj dad loves to rant on and on about, "i was talking to so and so, and were we're talking about so and so, and she said this and it really pissed me off," etc. when I go through 20 minute of conversation with someone and the only thing i get out of it was that some one said something and it made someone upset. It's just too much for me. I can stand sfp's, I have a good friend who's a musician that i suspect to be isfp, we jam n stuff n get along well. but the judgemental attitude of sfj's just grates on me.
    Thank you for explaining this in detail. This was what I wanted from Jessica, earlier. It sounds like what irritates you is the Fe; believe it or not, my dad is an INTP with very well developed Fe and he sometimes bores me for the same reason, i.e. going on about someone's life details: "Jane's about to get married! Jane? Oh you know JANE, she's my coworker's daughter's cousin-in-law, you met her for two seconds over a year ago!"

Do you feel the same way about NFs with Fe (i.e. NFJs)?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Thank you for explaining this in detail. This was what I wanted from Jessica, earlier. It sounds like what irritates you is the Fe; believe it or not, my dad is an INTP with very well developed Fe and he sometimes bores me for the same reason, i.e. going on about someone's life details: "Jane's about to get married! Jane? Oh you know JANE, she's my coworker's daughter's cousin-in-law, you met her for two seconds over a year ago!"

Do you feel the same way about NFs with Fe (i.e. NFJs)?
    I usually have fun debates with NxJ's and usually people I suspect to be NF can have what I see as rational emotions. SFJ's can be having a bad day and take it out on anybody, at least in my experience.
    So I pick one side, the other side becomes the other side. As soon as I pick one side, then I'm defined as one side. So the one side, well, they're the other side, therefore that side is not my side, so there is a difference, they must be destroyed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP 5w4 SP/SX
    ILI
    Tritype 549

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

It sounds like what irritates you is the Fe; believe it or not, my dad is an INTP with very well developed Fe and he sometimes bores me for the same reason, i.e. going on about someone's life details: "Jane's about to get married! Jane? Oh you know JANE, she's my coworker's daughter's cousin-in-law, you met her for two seconds over a year ago!"
    This is spot on, my dad does that all the time, like I've got a list of his friends names and occupations in my brain, whether I've ever really met them or not.
    So I pick one side, the other side becomes the other side. As soon as I pick one side, then I'm defined as one side. So the one side, well, they're the other side, therefore that side is not my side, so there is a difference, they must be destroyed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP 5w4 SP/SX
    ILI
    Tritype 549

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    What I want to know is what is so difficult about small talk that some ISTJs cannot reply in conversations beyond a "YUP" or an "Uh huh". Do they not realize that conversations are a two way street and that something other than that has to emerge in order to keep the interest flowing??

I mean, what is going on in their brains at the same time they behave or react this way. Are they thinking - "I should really be responding more..." or "I hope I don't come across as uninteresting" are they worried about their opinions coming out? Or is it just that they don't see any value in expressing themselves.
    My grandfather could very much be that way, but I've found with ISTJs my own age, if I know them on a personal rather than work or whatever kind of capacity, I can have really good conversations with them.

I can chat with an ISTJ all day long, no joke. But he's very introverted IRL. I think it may be easier for them to express themselves in writing, just like many other introverts.

But even in text it's obvious that I'm the extrovert. However, I'm an engaging extrovert. If you want to have an interesting conversation with an ISTJ you have to be interested in them. So I agree with Jag.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

All that needs to be said here is that INTJs are the least boring type. /thread

In terms of boringness: E > I, S > N, T > F, J > P; also note the parameters of significance: E/I > S/N > J/P > T/F.

So the most boring type is ESTJ and the least boring one INFP.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    In terms of boringness: E > I, S > N, T > F, J > P; also: E/I > S/N > J/P > T/F.

So the most boring type is ESTJ and the least boring one INFP.
    Where on earth did this come from?

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

Where on earth did this come from?
    From a beautiful mind.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    From a beautiful mind.
    Whatever.