User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

Results 251 to 260 of 349

  1. #251
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Most boring thread.


  2. #252
    Junior Member Rhath89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    The only type I dislike is ESFJ... because both moms and my younger sister are ESFJs and they make me want to kill myself.

    Otherwise... I'll stand by the fact that ISTJs are boring. I'm sure there are non-boring ISTJs, but I've never met one. Usually they're not only boring, but frustratingly boring. Often very asexual or apathetic. We get along because of the apathy.
    dude i think my dad is esfj, do they just sort of bore into u with a kind of mind numbing neediness, among other things?
    So I pick one side, the other side becomes the other side. As soon as I pick one side, then I'm defined as one side. So the one side, well, they're the other side, therefore that side is not my side, so there is a difference, they must be destroyed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    INTP 5w4 SP/SX
    ILI
    Tritype 549

  3. #253
    Senior Member Jessica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhath89 View Post
    dude i think my dad is esfj, do they just sort of bore into u with a kind of mind numbing neediness, among other things?
    Among other things... they also like hugs. A lot.
    I have a (new) blog here.

    You should do these: JohariNohari

  4. #254
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    Thanks for that post -- because it just proved to me that there wasn't anything universally ISTJ about your pet peeves. I thought, when I asked, that you would actually make type-related statements, like "ISTJs are too focused on planning and thinking about concrete things". But what you did talk about was completely and utterly unrelated to type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    I've had an ISTJ friend for six years. There's nothing exceptionally unusual about him that would make him more boring than anyone else. I would suppose the reason I can't stand him is his narrow-ness. 'I won't do this/that/other thing even if it would make me happy because I think my life is fine while I masturbate to anime porn, have no friends, a Jesus beard, and listen to neo-prog every day.' The only things he ever talks about tend to be neo-prog, making some "ironic" statements about how "different" everyone else tries to be, and various types of porn.

    Now, that is one ISTJ friend, but I think it's worth noting I have two others who are almost the same. Replace 'neo-prog' with 'thrash metal' and 'indie rock' and you've got the other two.
    I know NTs and NFs like this. I know an INFJ who fits that description perfectly if you replace "neo-prog" with "drum 'n bass".
    Even when ISTJs are highly theoretical people (as he is), there's something about the way they explain things that just makes me want to not listen. It's not that they don't make respectable points that I could agree with, it's the way they do it... something about the tone, the pseudo-directness, the slight sense of smugness (but not the same smugness an INTJ might have on being awesome, or the smugness an INFJ might have on being emotional masterminds)... it's just bothersome to listen to them talk.
    I'm going to ignore how douchey the bolded sounds, and just say that it isn't smugness, and it isn't type-related.
    ISFJs I don't have as much experience with, but I just have nothing in common with them. I've never met an ISFJ I could converse with about anything at all. I have never had a conversation with an ISFJ. In retrospect, even though I've interacted with them plenty over the past few years, I haven't had a conservation with an ISTJ in years.
    Okay, here's the thing.

    1) Your experiences are not typical.
    2) If you re-read your post, I hope you will see how wildly judgmental and closed-minded you sound (especially when you said that, even though you've never had a conversation with an ISFJ, you don't think you have anything in common with them; that's like saying that you know you hate broccoli even though you've never tried it), and
    3) I don't think you even answered my question. Except for the first ISTJ you described (who only really talks about one thing), none of what you described seemed to bore you, as much as it pissed you off. Unless you were legitimately bored by a smug tone of voice? Or bored by someone faking excitement?

    Use your Ti for this hypothetical: If you saw someone judging millions of people based on their experience with one or two, would you say that was very accurate?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  5. #255
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    <post removed>
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhath89 View Post
    dude i think my dad is esfj, do they just sort of bore into u with a kind of mind numbing neediness, among other things?
    Good God. So much for INTPs being detached and rational.

    Read my above post. (Edit: My post on the bottom of the previous page.)
    Last edited by Bellflower; 08-10-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: removed content of deleted post
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  6. #256
    Junior Member Rhath89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Among other things... they also like hugs. A lot.
    INTP's should get together and invent the perfect hug machine. That way we could be saved from worrying about our terribly lukewarm hugs. have one sitting right next to the front door so everyone who wants a nice hug in an INTP house can get one.
    So I pick one side, the other side becomes the other side. As soon as I pick one side, then I'm defined as one side. So the one side, well, they're the other side, therefore that side is not my side, so there is a difference, they must be destroyed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    INTP 5w4 SP/SX
    ILI
    Tritype 549

  7. #257
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    wow, I was going to stop by and post something ridiculous like "enfps are the most boring type" but this thread is all angsty and unhappy. hehe, is it okay if I snicker at an emo INTP?

    I admit I tend to find certain types more boring than other types. However most often these types dont share any of my cognitive processes, thus as they speak, I dont have anything to intellectually latch onto. It isnt that they are boring or stupid, More that we are just talking about two very different worldviews. I happen to find ISTJs to be rockingly funny, as they are the only other type that gets all my jokes. If they start talking about detailed stuff, I often learn a lot from them. i Luv ISTJs!!!!

  8. #258
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Otherwise... I'll stand by the fact that ISTJs are boring. I'm sure there are non-boring ISTJs, but I've never met one. Usually they're not only boring, but frustratingly boring. Often very asexual or apathetic. We get along because of the apathy.
    Bwaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaaha *deep breath* hah.

    Hi. My name is Patches. I'm probably the most sex-obsessed, dirty-minded, and kinky nymphomaniac that ever did grace this forum. You can find me in various threads and ventrilo e-humping the leg of just about every guy and girl that won't report me for sexual harassment. Nice to meet you.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

  9. #259
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Bwaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaaha *deep breath* hah.

    Hi. My name is Patches. I'm probably the most sex-obsessed, dirty-minded, and kicky nymphomaniac that ever did grace this forum. You can find me in various threads and ventrilo e-humping just about every guy and girl that won't report me for sexual harassment. Nice to meet you.
    a kicker, eh? mmmmmmmmm
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”


  10. #260
    Junior Member Rhath89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Good God. So much for INTPs being detached and rational.

    Read my above post. (Edit: My post on the bottom of the previous page.)
    Well from experience, whether it be statistically accurate or not, as an NT, SF's just seems to not make enough sense to me, and after enough has become enough I start letting all the emotional "crap" go in one ear and out the other while trying to pick up on what's relevent to me. My esfj dad loves to rant on and on about, "i was talking to so and so, and were we're talking about so and so, and she said this and it really pissed me off," etc. when I go through 20 minute of conversation with someone and the only thing i get out of it was that some one said something and it made someone upset. It's just too much for me. I can stand sfp's, I have a good friend who's a musician that i suspect to be isfp, we jam n stuff n get along well. but the judgemental attitude of sfj's just grates on me.
    So I pick one side, the other side becomes the other side. As soon as I pick one side, then I'm defined as one side. So the one side, well, they're the other side, therefore that side is not my side, so there is a difference, they must be destroyed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    INTP 5w4 SP/SX
    ILI
    Tritype 549

Similar Threads

  1. INFJs = The most attractive Personality type
    By Stansmith in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Yesterday, 11:14 PM
  2. What personality types does popular culture encourage most?
    By FinalFrontier89 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-10-2015, 04:05 PM
  3. What are the 3 most common personality types among successful ENTREPRENEURS ?
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-15-2015, 05:22 PM
  4. [MBTItm] NFs What personality type(s) calm you down the most and why?
    By ReadingRainbows in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 10:42 PM
  5. What's the most "insane" personality type?
    By RaptorWizard in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 11:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO