User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Your dad's probably boring. Your friend is awesome.
    mayhaps just a lil bit

with the mix of personalities in my family it is probably good he is though. we are pretty dominated by SPs over here.
    "The best things in life are silly" - Scott Adams

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Has to be ISTJ....i know my dad is one..
    I think the word that you’re looking for is “useful”. ISTJs represent the 2nd largest amount of corporate CEOs in the world. Getting piss drunk each night, every night on the other hand becomes far less interesting after the age of 21, after which it gradually begins to become pathetic.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I shant say any type is necessarily the most boring, but certain people of certain types can be. I know a group of ESFJs who spend most of their time discussing whether or not people are attractive or cool, a group of ESXPs who spend most of their time shouting any of 3 catchphrases they have heard recently and laughing at them for hours. I know an ISTJ who laughs at everything but never says anything interesting and then there's me, who while I would say is a very interesting person inside, often struggles to put that into the physical world and can sometimes seem incredibly uninteresting.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

By the way, this is what boring SFJs look like.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ESFJ

^^^ Such narrow mindedness .. I would rather dress in what i'm comfortable in than what others would expect of me .. That's called being authentic

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this but that's a great post! I think it definately depends on your type. For me, the ESFJ is the most boring. I seem to be surrounded by them in my neighborhood. The ones I know take over the conversation w/o letting me finish my thoughts and just get right into their's. That is boring to me...but since I have gotten into my 'understanding' of things...I am beginning to turn it around. Not to put the ESFJ's down...they have every right to be here just like me...I just ain't gonna drink with 'em!
    Damn lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5

'Boringness' is subjective.

INTP: Damn, ESFJs are boring. All they talk about is what to do on the weekends.

ESFJ: By God, INTPs are boring. All they do is sit on their computers reading about some theoretical stuff.

INTP: Technically, we don't sit 'on' our computers. It's terribly uncomfortable and we might break it.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    "Boring" is someone interested in things you don't care about. Most people seem to care about fashion, trends, sports, etc. So whatever types don't tend to care for those things would probably be voted by most as "boring."
    Yeah, like that.
    Last edited by ctang15; 08-07-2011 at 05:16 PM.

MBTI
    ISTx

There are no boring types, just boring people.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

The ISTJ's I know do have their boring bits - Often I catch myself in the 'ESFJ urge' to grab them and shake them and scream - OMG DO SOMETHING FUN! But then I realize that they're probably happy as is hahaha.

The INTX's I know have bored me a bit on occasion but I chalk it up to different passions in life more than their direct personality. For instance? My INTJ tries to talk to me about groupoids, vectors and manifolds (he's a mathematician) when he full well knows I don't understand math (never got my gr 12 math) and it all flies over my head because I can't relate to it at all. I'm happy he wants to be able to share that part of himself with me, but jeez.
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

xSFJ's & INFJ's are fairly boring to me.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I don't find myself boring, but I do find that just about everyone else is.