User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    LoLz

What's with the obsession with finding interest in other people? I mean, why do some people have such a high need for interesting conversation? Can some people really not entertain themselves enough on their own? I mean, judging another person's personality in terms of excitement? Why is that so important? If someone's funny to be around, then they're just...fun to be around at that time, and I just lucked into a cool person. However, it's not a priority to me to find another person to spend a lot of time with that captivates my interest. I can find hobbies that might involve people at some point, but my entertainment doesn't revolve around direct relation with another human being. It might be a pre-requisite for something else I want to do.

I just see people as an added bonus side effect. :P What standards are you using to judge "boring"? Are you talking about fun that can be measured by an intuitive's standards? An extravert's standards? A Perceiver's standards? Spending time with someone else to me is about experiencing something I enjoy with someone that I care about. It's about the experience and the extra effect added onto the experience provided by the emotional attachment. Standing on a pier with a significant other looking out into the sunset in the Spring air, rays shining down, wind blowing around us, taking in everything around us and enjoying the moment together. That's what makes a relationship worth it to me.

MBTI
    ISFJ

ISTJ's are awesome. My dad is one and he is very kind and gentle. He never expresses emotions through words...he just doesn't know how. But I know that he holds a LOT of love in his heart. My ESFJ mother constantly complains that he isn't romantic enough, but after 20 yrs I think she's used to it hehe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    What's with the obsession with finding interest in other people? I mean, why do some people have such a high need for interesting conversation? Can some people really not entertain themselves enough on their own? I mean, judging another person's personality in terms of excitement? Why is that so important? If someone's funny to be around, then they're just...fun to be around at that time, and I just lucked into a cool person. However, it's not a priority to me to find another person to spend a lot of time with that captivates my interest. I can find hobbies that might involve people at some point, but my entertainment doesn't revolve around direct relation with another human being. It might be a pre-requisite for something else I want to do.

I just see people as an added bonus side effect. :P What standards are you using to judge "boring"? Are you talking about fun that can be measured by an intuitive's standards? An extravert's standards? A Perceiver's standards? Spending time with someone else to me is about experiencing something I enjoy with someone that I care about. It's about the experience and the extra effect added onto the experience provided by the emotional attachment. Standing on a pier with a significant other looking out into the sunset in the Spring air, rays shining down, wind blowing around us, taking in everything around us and enjoying the moment together. That's what makes a relationship worth it to me.
    You have a good point.

I was just thinking at work today, after dealin with snobby customers all night, I think I appreciate nice people the most.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

SFJs are boring as heaven.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

At any given moment; Yours.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I only know one definite ISTJ in real life, she's not boring at all, and the ISTJs on this board are pretty interesting (I'm looking at you, Beat). Actually I find ISTPs kind of dull because I don't usually click with them and the conversations tend to not really flow...which is boring to me, although they're up for doing fun things which I appreciate, I find ISTJs are just as up to do things I'm interested in.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Clearly as an Ne dom it would make sense to me that Si doms are the most boring, so ISTJ and ISFJ. Sorry guys. =P
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I only know one definite ISTJ in real life, she's not boring at all, and the ISTJs on this board are pretty interesting (I'm looking at you, Beat). Actually I find ISTPs kind of dull because I don't usually click with them and the conversations tend to not really flow...which is boring to me, although they're up for doing fun things which I appreciate, I find ISTJs are just as up to do things I'm interested in.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Clearly as an Ne dom it would make sense to me that Si doms are the most boring, so ISTJ and ISFJ. Sorry guys. =P
    Si makes people very stable, down-to-earth and practical. That's pretty much the very opposite of Ne people, who are constantly having new and wild ideas, and feel that mundane things are such an irrelevancy in their lives.

But Si also gives you an insight of these mundane things, which usually leads into off-beat humor that makes fun of every day aspects of life. Most ISTJs I have seen act as if they were normal, but behind the surface they carry most unusual thoughts and ideas. They are the kind of people that sits quietly and say suddenly something outright hilarious.

Like this one ISTJ female I know... she all out of sudden say "oh... I'd so like to beat someone up now. You know, a real catfight. But it should be someone very weak and tiny, so there wouldn't be any chances of me losing". She knew very well how she was expected to behave, and doing right the opposite when no one expects it is funny.

And I personally think that ENTPs are crazy-fun, when it comes to humor.

Most boring type in my mind would be INTJ. Sometimes I feel that their sense of humor is to config your Linux to look like Windows, or prove mathematically the absence of god(s).
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISTx

^You totally described my INTJ buddy. lol