User Tag List

First 816171819 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

point of reference isn't the same, I relate to some ideas more than others though still feels out of place. Like a fish out of space wanting to land into water. In saying can I identity with posters of similar preferences, I want to and maybe I can given time yet I'm an individual first so naturally being who I am will be unlike any other. Will ponder some, for now its inconclusive.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    point of reference isn't the same, I relate to some ideas more than others though still feels out of place. Like a fish out of space wanting to land into water. In saying can I identity with posters of similar preferences, I want to and maybe I can given time yet I'm an individual first so naturally being who I am will be unlike any other. Will ponder some, for now its inconclusive.
    I can't think of anyone to liken you to, so no wonder.

There are many people whose posts I enjoy very much but I don't conflate this with identifying with them or liking them, especially as I enjoy many because of their difference. That sort of thinking is odd.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    I can't think of anyone to liken you to, so no wonder.

There are many people whose posts I enjoy very much but I don't conflate this with identifying with them or liking them, especially as I enjoy many because of their difference. That sort of thinking is odd.

Why is that odd, its how I see it too. The varied input and variables that make up personality dimensions are such that I want to learn so as to find mediums and get along with most all people.

Yet at the same time its kind of depressing too because I'd like to identify with experiences and ideas to gain a sense of equanimity, balanced sense of self.

MBTI
    intp

Why is that odd, its how I see it too. The varied input and variables that make up personality dimensions are such that I want to learn so as to find mediums and get along with most all people.
    What's odd is the interpretation of "identify" as "enjoy." I am very interested in understanding what makes people tick, though getting along with them or even engaging them is not a priority. But I make a distinction between understanding the dimensions of personality and identifying with the dimensions I find. Some I identify with and do not enjoy. Some others I don't identify with but enjoy.

Yet at the same time its kind of depressing too because I'd like to identify with experiences and ideas to gain a sense of equanimity, balanced sense of self.
    Say more . . .
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^This thread doesn't merit that much thoughtful consideration. But +1.

And don't go thinking that means I identify with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Say more . . .
    To relate as sense of affirmation that yeah, the ideas have a quality that I can resonate with enough to at least know I'm speaking with the right chords, like residual resonance, that get another to relate in some way. That I'm doing something right that shows an echo, a reflection across the way in which ideas are transmitted without being left out. to know that when in balance there is some semblance of identification with the thought processes that is applicable and then demonstrated as applicable to the self sort of.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Various posters that match up with some facet of my personality:

Economica
    Night
    Cafe ( I miss her)
    Meta
    Most of the INFJs on here, even more than many of the INTJs
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I relate the most to Synapse.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    isfjs too busy doting on someone in real life to bother wasting their time here, perhaps.

i have an isfj gf. she doesn't have much of an identity that i can identify cuz she's always doing what her husband wants her to do, or she spends her time being codependent with her children. we invited them camping for a night or two this weekend, and even though she would probably really like to do that, she says, "oh, phil doesn't like camping, heehee so we can probably only go for the day." uggghhhhh. phil, phil, phil!!! i adore phil, but in their world it's always what phil wants, or else she's hermiting up with her kids.

not sure i know any isfj guys.
    I think this is true, ISFJs like to cling to one or two people and make like a little bubble but I'm starting to see how unhealthy that can be, especially if that one person you cling to leaves you. If that happens then you have no one and then you feel so alone. Not to mention that people like to be cared about and they want to know that they matter to you as much as phil does. (lawl@ me using the name phil)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Jennifer!
    I can't say I relate to any specific types here, though. Especially my own, which is kind of weird.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I find it a little disturbing that much of what Synarch posts is what I was thinking, but unwilling to say. This happens occasionally with Night as well. Our synthesis of data is very similar, but the resulting conclusion reveals a different focus. Also, Night words his interpretation more precise, and Synarch more concise.
    Interesting and thank you. I like the distinction between precise and concise. I do value concision over precision. And I value circumcision more than either.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I also identify regularly with: Blue, Talullah, Qre:us, TwinkleToes and Synarch (sometimes).
    Pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Oh I get it now. The key is be an INFJ.

Well, DARN.
    INFJ's do seem to be the most popular. Honest appreciation plus non-pushiness. ENFJ's often can come off as a little more judgmental and quick to make up their mind about people. And also quick to be hurt.

If INFJ's are truly genuine in their appreciation of others then I guess genuineness wins when it comes to being well-liked.

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i've decided that i take it as a compliment that no one mentioned me.

i'm not sure how it's a compliment, but it is, and you all deserve it.
    I relate to you. I was just too lazy to do this thread. Also, you need to post more.

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I think it was Synarch, now that I'm thinking about it

Seriously, a lot of NT posts are basically, "Pff. If you understand or even acknowledge that emotions exist in anyone, ever, or that they actually mean something, then you must be a closet NF. And we all know how inferior NFs are to us, so yes, I meant that as an insult. Go cry now, you emoter!"

but that guy has the same (sane) perspective that I do on the issue
    Thank you.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."