User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default who else thinks customer service could be better?

So I wasn't receiving my bill for internet so I call i find out some how the get my adress wrong afte 5 people I was able to pay my bill I'm on my 10th transfer to correct my adress, and jesus christ this ridiculous! and didn't help one guy kept trying to sale stuff to me! and I told him that none of this was relevent to me paying my bill that i did not want still on the fucking phone jesus its been over an hour!! and I still haven't gotten my adress correct because i have terrible reception and no one could hear me, and I swear why god why!!? I mean why couldn't the first person I talk to fix my adress??
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

When I did IT consulting it was always a horrifying experience if you had to call any vendor customer support because all of them outsource to India. I swear they slowly thicken their accents over the conversation until you are so frustrated that you give up.

MBTI
    yupp

customer service is never fun, it's like the only reason why I call is because I have to, not because I want to.

And I also hate when I walk into a store for something and they try to sale you the store, I tell them no thanks, I know what I want, if i wanted that I would ask, so quit bothering me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    SEXY

I work for customer service, technical support.

I won't take it personally as I completely get where you're coming from. But in the future, please do remember that the guy on the other end of the line is just as frustrated as you are.

MBTI
    yupp

No I was very nice until the end.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I work for customer service, technical support.

I won't take it personally as I completely get where you're coming from. But in the future, please do remember that the guy on the other end of the line is just as frustrated as you are.
    Truer words could not be spoken.

I did internet technical support for 5 years for the evil cable empire.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Truer words could not be spoken.

I did internet technical support for 5 years for the evil cable empire.
    Sell-out.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

If you think customer service is bad in the States, wait until you come to Germany!!! MUAHAHAHA!

(Am I right, or am I right?)

On the other hand, I have gotten used to HONEST dealings here in Germany, and now prefer them. I'd rather have a checkout lady who rolls her eyes, and is just like "Tag..." or grumpy than these crazy American guys who smile this big, broad, fake smile and are like, "Hello, how are you? Did you find everything you were looking for??? Are you SURE you wouldn't like to consume a little bit MORE? Beautiful weather today, huh? Wow, cool shirts you bought, did you see our other things that go with it? Hey, hope you have a nice day and make sure you come back!!!" and blah blah blah freaking blah...

As soon as you leave they turn around and say "What a dumb, fat b-tch. UGH, I hate this fucking job, would these customers die??? What a sh-tty day - It's sunny and I'm stuck here sucking up to these dopehead idiots!!!"

Or you go to the telephone people in Germany and just get what you want (if you're lucky) or they just say, "Sorry, no can do." Okay, this is annoying, true, but in America they are all like, "BLAH BLAH BLAH so sorry, and we can do this, and do you want that, and would you like a psychiatrist???? I can listen to all your problems, whaaaa whaaa whaaa." Okay, I'm exaggerating, but not by much. All so fake.

No one cares and no one helps, and at the end of the day, I'd rather have an honest German who says, "I'm a loser and a dumb-ass and I can't help because I'm too incapable and stupid, so please find someone else" than an American who says, "Oh I'm really soooooooo sorry. That's awful. I'm sure I can help. Oh wait, let me call my manager. Oh no, sorry, but you can call them, and they can call someone, who I'm sure can help, and oh, did I say I was sorry? I'm really sorry, we do appreciate your business. Thanks and you have a nice day. <click, you hang up, and then> WHAT A JERKOFF!"
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

heart on fire

These people are usually paid wages that barely cover their basic living expenses and they are understaffed and without any control over what goes on beyond dealing with customers on the phone. When I worked customer service I was told "Tell the customer whatever you have to make them happy and get that call out of the way"

I asked "So we're supposed to lie to them?"

"We NEVER lie to our customers!" was the indigiant response, but ya know to fulfill that first requirement one often had to be quite creative...

That said, I am currently dealing with a medical billing firm contracting for a doctor IN ANOTHER STATE that is billing me for services I never received (how could I, I don't even live in that state now!) and it's just hell waiting on hold and talking to people who don't know what is going on and can't help at all. *sigh*

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I was just thinking today about how much I wish someone would make a funny blog/ TV commentary about how terrible customer service is. That would at least make me laugh about it. I literally spend several hours each day dealing with customer service and it's not fun. It seems like the big companies just don't care about their customers. They shuffle them around and treat them like crap. Maybe it's time to do business with the small ma and pa companies instead.