User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    First rule to great customer service; never hire IxTx in customer service. Ever.

I'm sure most of the IxTx here will agree with me.
    True. With these types you'll quickly find a disdain for customers. A good example is the inside joke among tech support in what they call a BCAK error- Between Chair And Keyboard. Personally, I absolutely loathe service industry work.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    Yeah I got that too when I worked in retail. Really what they want you to do is to twist the truth and manipulate your customers for the benefit of the company...
    When someone placed an order and it sat for over a month without anyone even opening the file, I was told to tell customers it was being worked on by one of our "special sources." If that's not a lie, I don't know what is!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    When someone placed an order and it sat for over a month without anyone even opening the file, I was told to tell customers it was being worked on by one of our "special sources." If that's not a lie, I don't know what is!
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

I'm usually laid back and very polite. When talking to Customer Service this changes. I invariably get an Oriental or Indian person who doesn't speak or understand English, although he/she is working for an USA company. In this instance, after it becomes clear that we cannot communicate, I ask firmly to speak to someone with better English skills. The oh-so-polite person on the other line usually ignores me and tries to go on, but I become a broken record repeating my request until they lose their cool and tell me that no one else is available and then I ask to speak to their supervisor and repeat the process if necessary. Eventually, I get to speak to someone who really knows their stuff and sorts out my request rapidly and efficiently and I have no more trouble.

If all people would demand to speak to people in USA owned companies that provide customer service to the USA, that speak an acceptable level of English, companies would have to hire such people.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul