User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Robert Jordan passes away

Damnit. That was one tough man who kept going no matter what what he was faced with.

4 so/sp

I'm trying to see if a thread has been started on 'favorite books', and I stumbled upon this instead. I didn't know.

Oh, sad. I loved his series. (I also didn't see how it could possibly end in less than 2 books at minimum, after the last one that came out)

I went through a WoT phase where I read all his books, and talked on pages devoted to theories about how it would turn out. I'm not much for critiquing books, but the least I can say is they kept me reading. Even if the writing was verbose, and there were too many plotlines going on at once, the core story was still a good one. I was sad to hear he passed away.
    Like cafe, the J in me doesn't like not knowing what's going to happen. I've finished bad movies before, just to have closure.
    I'm not being critical, I'm just trying to make you a better person.

I think Jordan lost me midway through the fifth book, and I agree, sometimes his writing was a little over the top... BUT....

WoT is fucking epic.

I spent a lot of time reading and re-reading this series, and it was all worth it. Jordan deserves one hell of a nod for his writing - it's a shame he couldn't end it on his own terms.