First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I talk to anyone in a 5 ft radius, almost religiously. Each person is interesting when given a chance to tell their story. I would most definitely talk to you and expect nothing more than just random conversation.
    I'm not that bad - But I imagine you'd suck me right into a conversation, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I only like to interact with people I don't have to. I dont really like interacting with people when I'm "supposed" to.
    I can understand that, I think. (you're supposed to reply to this, btw ) - lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Hugs are by default not 'out of nowhere', when it originates from an ENFP. But I'd hug back nonetheless.
    Thanks!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I live in a relatively housy town. Interaction such as greeting random people is common and considered good manners.

But other than that. Not unless there is something one of both parties want from the interaction.

If a woman if you're a man (or man if you're a woman.) approaches you randomly on the streets for a random chit chat. It means they want honkey tonkey.
    I wasn't really thinking of "in the streets," more just wondering if there are places where people gather for random chit-chat, sort of like online.

But if what you say is true for all interaction (that it pretty much has to be goal-oriented), then I suppose I just won't bother trying, because that's not what I'm interested in. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I talk to anyone in a 5 ft radius, almost religiously. Each person is interesting when given a chance to tell their story. I would most definitely talk to you and expect nothing more than just random conversation.
    I hope there are more people like you in the world... it's kind of comforting to think I don't already have to have an "in" in order to have an excuse to talk to anyone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Maybe it does depend on the culture? I live in a country where people mind their own business unless it is absolutely necessary to interact with strangers. Or if they're drunk.

Extroverts might be more prone to talk to strangers.

There is always a purpose for wanting to interact with people. I couldn't imagine anything otherwise. Chit chat, for me, is...weird...to say the least. I don't mind if people come up to me to talk but unless there's something they want from me, it's...weird. Acceptable, but weird.
    It's only weird to me when I detect that it's weird for the other person, cause then I start thinking "Oh crap, they think blah blah blah now"

I've been abroad to places where it's the total polar opposite of here in the states. Here, people walk into a restaurant, and they automatically look for the most isolated table. In other countries, people walk in and look for an occupied table with spare seating. I think everyone would grow to like it that way if it were the cultural norm. These walls are entirely cultural, I think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    have ya been following my advice, athenian?
    Some of it, I think. My mother is insisting that I don't need applications, and should just go to websites to apply for jobs, so I've been trying that. So far I haven't gotten any results, but I'm still hoping I can find something...

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

But if what you say is true for all interaction (that it pretty much has to be goal-oriented), then I suppose I just won't bother trying, because that's not what I'm interested in. Sigh.
    That's the funny thing. What are you interested in? If you are interested in talking with random people for whatever reason, then you have a goal to do so.

If you're simply not interested. Then no, it's probably not for you. I don't tend to chit chat either, and usually when other people chit chat with me, I tend to keep the conversation short and move on. If I was interested in their lives and personality, I would have a reason to go in more depth, like Jenocyde's reason for talking to people. But chances are I won't care. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Some of it, I think. My mother is insisting that I don't need applications, and should just go to websites to apply for jobs, so I've been trying that. So far I haven't gotten any results, but I'm still hoping I can find something...
    keep trying
    she's right, online is a great place for applications.
    But I would still reccommend trying to go out and get one in your case- if only to practice going out and actually having to ask for the applications and interact with people.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It's okay to exxagerate your application. Remember, you're the right person for the job when you sollicite for it. No one else!

Way easier to get a job when you use that motto. No worries, you'll be able to live with yourself once you find out that 90% of your co-workers are a bunch of unintelligent pigs and wonder how the hell they got their jobs.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

you'll be able to live with yourself once you find out that 90% of your co-workers are a bunch of unintelligent pigs and wonder how the hell they got their jobs

Yea, I tried to tell him that in less words.
    Great minds think alike

have you tried doing follow up calls to see where your application is in the process (if at all)? maybe they're not actually hiring or they can give you an explanation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    It's only weird to me when I detect that it's weird for the other person, cause then I start thinking "Oh crap, they think blah blah blah now"

I've been abroad to places where it's the total polar opposite of here in the states. Here, people walk into a restaurant, and they automatically look for the most isolated table. In other countries, people walk in and look for an occupied table with spare seating. I think everyone would grow to like it that way if it were the cultural norm. These walls are entirely cultural, I think.

So it IS as bad as I think. My introversion hasn't entirely come from within, then...

That's the funny thing. What are you interested in? If you are interested in talking with random people for whatever reason, then you have a goal to do so.

If you're simply not interested. Then no, it's probably not for you. I don't tend to chit chat either, and usually when other people chit chat with me, I tend to keep the conversation short and move on. If I was interested in their lives and personality, I would have a reason to go in more depth, like Jenocyde's reason for talking to people. But chances are I won't care. :P
    Well, I suppose I am curious about their lives and personality... but to some extent, it's because I'm so tired of having to go through so many long procedures and rely on existing, drawn-out, formal channels that are hard to break into, in order to get to an interaction in real life, or feeling pressured to keep all my interaction purposeful. It really is rather confining, but I never questioned it before. It's beginning to look like it was a dumb question, because that's just how American culture is, and possibly how people are. Oh, well. Guess that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    keep trying
    she's right, online is a great place for applications.
    But I would still reccommend trying to go out and get one in your case- if only to practice going out and actually having to ask for the applications and interact with people.
    I'll see if I can do that, then. That's probably the best course of action for me now.