User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Beauty is about appreciating what is superlative in a thing. If I show you a beautiful man and ask you if he is beautiful, I suppose you could not answer me with a simple yes or no? You cannot judge?

Baloney...
    In my experience, talking to hetro men about whether or not other men are "sexy" they always get it wrong. They pick men with pretty, more feminine features than I would pick. It's funny. My husband will get his feelings hurt if I don't think his picks are sexy. He says I have no taste. My best friend's husband is the same way.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    In my experience, talking to hetro men about whether or not other men are "sexy" they always get it wrong. They pick men with pretty, more feminine features than I would pick. It's funny. My husband will get his feelings hurt if I don't think his picks are sexy. He says I have no taste. My best friend's husband is the same way.
    I have a pet theory about this, so I'm confident I could pick out the sexy men.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't know whether I agree with the premise of the OP, but that actually illustrates one of the main reasons* why I personally have not posted any pictures, namely that I find it difficult to retain my objectivity (or should that be my subjectivity? ) when someone's looks are criticized - especially of course my own. I am traumatized from having spent most of my teens feeling unattractive, and so my self-esteem on that score is vulnerable to attack. And since I seem to find myself engaged in lethal conflict every now and then I figure that it would be unwise to expose a weakness.

* The other reasons include wanting to retain my anonymity, avoid stalkers... And maintain a reality check on just how much of the respectful attention I enjoy is due to my personality.

Edit: Oh, and this of course:

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Just remember: mysterious is sexy. The longer you hold out, the more you must continue to hold out... so you should either give it up now, or continue to hint that you might and then never do it.

Wait, that is what you are doing, isn't it? Nice!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I don't know whether I agree with the premise of the OP, but that actually illustrates one of the main reasons* why I personally have not posted any pictures, namely that I find it difficult to retain my objectivity (or should that be my subjectivity? ) when someone's looks are criticized - especially of course my own. I am traumatized from having spent most of my teens feeling unattractive, and so my self-esteem on that score is vulnerable to attack. And since I seem to find myself engaged in lethal conflict every now and then I figure that it would be unwise to expose a weakness.

* The other reasons include wanting to retain my anonymity, avoid stalkers... And maintain a reality check on just how much of the respectful attention I enjoy is due to my personality.

Pics please.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post

* The other reasons include wanting to retain my anonymity, avoid stalkers... And maintain a reality check on just how much of the respectful attention that I enjoy is due to my personality.

Well, certainly that all makes sense. Personally, however, I don't really care whether or not someone else judges me as attractive. I've been told, repeatedly, throughout my life, that I was fat, or ugly, etc, etc. Having come to terms with their criticism as fallacious, I have no problem posting pictures of myself, as I feel they do not take away from my personality, but perhaps show a different aspect of it.

All of this 'attractiveness' seems to be overplayed, besides.

MBTI
    INTJ

Pics please.

Edit the next day: No, that's not really me. Click on the picture for the explanation.
    Last edited by Economica; 06-23-2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: See edit.

There are a lot of good replies in this thread.

But I have noticed something. I don't like how everyone's calling him gay like it's an insult to be gay. I admire him for saying he's not sure about his sexuality, and for the implicit neutrality toward being gay that that admission implies. There's something likeable about the unselfconsciousness. I prefer it immensely to all the one-line replies saying, "You're gay. Loser." It actually takes some courage to put that out there so simply--his uncertainty, I mean.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

OrangeAppled is both better looking than me AND more stylish.
    Can't argue with the stylish part
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    Well, certainly that all makes sense. Personally, however, I don't really care whether or not someone else judges me as attractive. I've been told, repeatedly, throughout my life, that I was fat, or ugly, etc, etc. Having come to terms with their criticism as fallacious, I have no problem posting pictures of myself, as I feel they do not take away from my personality, but perhaps show a different aspect of it.

All of this 'attractiveness' seems to be overplayed, besides.
    All I heard from this was "Look at me!".

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    There are a lot of good replies in this thread.

But I have noticed something. I don't like how everyone's calling him gay like it's an insult to be gay. I admire him for saying he's not sure about his sexuality, and for the implicit neutrality toward being gay that that admission implies. There's something likeable about the unselfconsciousness. I prefer it immensely to all the one-line replies saying, "You're gay. Loser." It actually takes some courage to put that out there so simply--his uncertainty, I mean.
    It's only an insult if you're not gay. If you are gay, it's cool. Kinda like if someone calls you a Barry White fan if you hate Barry White and prefer something more smooth like Kenny Chesney.