User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 72

  1. #51
    That chalkboard guy Matthew_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    He was a project lead for telephony / automated answering systems for an (inter)national health care organization -- he both managed programmers/technicians as well as did system programming, installation, and development himself. Later he has split his time between that job and being an associate pastor in a church setting... where ironically he handled a lot of the audio/visual duties.
    Well, it sounds like this friend of yours can get some NF-related satisfaction out of helping a health care organization and get to balance their life out with Te by using more technical knowledge. Overall, his job appears to do a god job at keeping him balanced.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

  2. #52
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Well, it sounds like this friend of yours can get some NF-related satisfaction out of helping a health care organization and get to balance their life out with Te by using more technical knowledge. Overall, his job appears to do a god job at keeping him balanced.
    Yes, the word "balanced" sums him up pretty well. He's a pretty sensible guy despite his natural abstract leanings.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    What's a feeler worth? Do you even know?
    A feeler is worth much.

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    52

    Default

    I don't understand feelers.
    Last edited by BlueSky; 06-17-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: I made a large mistake.

  5. #55
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Feelers or Ethics are never about emotions.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #56
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    A feeler is worth much.
    That answer wasn't.

    The creation and maintenance of value judgments.

    Dumb judgments like "everything's relative" keep you in business well past the meaningful product due date and you don't have to work too hard.

  7. #57
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Same goes for Thinkers:

    the creation and maintenance of truth-value judgments.




    In the a priori, no one can hear you scream.

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    That answer wasn't.

    The creation and maintenance of value judgments.

    Dumb judgments like "everything's relative" keep you in business well past the meaningful product due date and you don't have to work too hard.
    It's not a dumb judgment. It's just against people who divorce things from their context. You can't say black people are naturally more criminal just because they commit more crimes. You have to consider they have to steal because they're often poorer than whites and that's because they're less accepted.

  9. #59
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    If I say that car is green, and you say it's not green per definition, because in relative terms it is a subjective interpretation of how light is reflected off of the car. And someone else might see it as blue, or red, or ditar. I'm gonna go refusal on you.
    For something like this, it would not occur to me to redefine the color of the car. The external point of reference sets the car as green, but the fact that people can reinterpret the color is a source of absolute fascination to me. I would bother to think about that and not dismiss it because it is part of the whole picture. This would not affect my sense of its external measurement, but I see the plasticity of perception as offering information about reality. The misperception reveals something about the way an individual's brain, eyes, etc. function. The reason the subjective realm of perception is interesting is because there are ways to measure and define the external world in a more fixed manner. The misperception of color is not interesting if it can't be shown to be in conflict with the external measurement. I would not be interested in subjectivity if it were the only point of reference. It's the tension and interplay with reality that holds my interest.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Feelers or Ethics are never about emotions.
    It is quite rare that is mentioned or realized. The F vs. T poll seems often assumed to be exclusively about emotions.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  10. #60
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    It's not a dumb judgment. It's just against people who divorce things from their context. You can't say black people are naturally more criminal just because they commit more crimes. You have to consider they have to steal because they're often poorer than whites and that's because they're less accepted.
    This is a very poor example of relativity. Anyone who thinks knows that there are always variables. puhleeez.

    In my experience, some people make a general statement, and when asked to clarify or be specific, they get annoyed because people should just "get" what they mean and ignore the other words they used... and I don't work like that - I don't say something unless that is what I mean to say. So if that is what is exhausting you, then maybe you can try to be clearer in your initial statements. But if this not what you are getting at, can you give a <better> example of what you mean?

Similar Threads

  1. To which level of hell are you going?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 07-09-2017, 10:13 AM
  2. What kind of thinker are you?
    By OrangeAppled in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 03:02 PM
  3. BBC: What kind of Thinker are you?
    By Sniffles in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 214
    Last Post: 05-27-2014, 08:09 PM
  4. Are strong "Thinkers" prone to being a risk to themselves?
    By swordpath in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO