User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

I thought feelers tended to prefer soft science.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I've definitely seen rational feelers, of course. They (feelers) just tend to put feelings first and adapt only when need be.

On a side note, it always was my opinion some psychologists did science emotionally. :/
    If it leads to wrong conclusions it's bad. But it depends on intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Emotions ? phun!
    YA DEY R
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Most emotional scientists seem to perish in all kinds of explosions and sorts.
    lol

At least not completely theoretical science.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hell are other people + my socks I wear since morning
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Wink

I work in the hard sciences, but clearly I'm posting on here when I should be working, so...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    You can be a feeler AND be rational. I mean, how would do science emotionally?
    OMG LOOOOK IT'S TRUE THE PHILOGENETIC MAINTENANCE OF TWO PATTERNS OF SEXUAL PHENOTYPAL DIFFERENTIATION CAN HELP TO DISENTANGLE THE FUNCTION MEANING OF SEX DIFFERENCES AFTER ALL! oH GEEZ LET'S ALL GO OUT FOR PARTEE TIME!!!!

^^^^ like that.

You'd be surprised. Especially those with Te functionality are motivated towards science by curiosity + desire to help people and enjoy the feeling of progressing through controllable steps to reach a tangible answer. They can be pretty diligent.

As a counter, Freud was a T. T's can enjoy the ambiguity of soft sciences -- there are patterns but they're "gray" and complex, and it's more interesting/mysterious to figure out, versus typical hard science where you are just calculating the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Hell are my socks + the people I wear on my feet in the morning.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    OMG LOOOOK IT'S TRUE THE PHILOGENETIC MAINTENANCE OF TWO PATTERNS OF SEXUAL PHENOTYPAL DIFFERENTIATION CAN HELP TO DISENTANGLE THE FUNCTION MEANING OF SEX DIFFERENCES AFTER ALL! oH GEEZ LET'S ALL GO OUT FOR PARTEE TIME!!!!

^^^^ like that.
    hahaha

Enneagram
    9w8

Do you try and meet them halfway, homme? If someone approached me in a discussion with a predisposition to getting annoyed at the way I process things, I'd leave the conversation entirely.

If you are a 'feeler' who has the ability to present rational arguments or reasoning and simply expects a mutual effort from the other end of the spectrum, I sympathize.

But the ability to integrate other points of view with one's own seems separate from whether or not they are a 'T' type. I think those feelers who use the argument that because their feelings are subjective and true to them, they are the right way are just as dismissive as thinkers who consider emotions to be lesser route... and I see many of those.

(No idea if this made a whit of sense. )

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    But the ability to integrate other points of view with one's own seems separate from whether or not they are a 'T' type. I think those feelers who use the argument that because their feelings are subjective and true to them, they are the right way are just as dismissive as thinkers who consider emotions to be lesser route... and I see many of those.
    Put another way, people (T or F) either respect others who are different or they do not.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    Do you try and meet them halfway, homme? If someone approached me in a discussion with a predisposition to getting annoyed at the way I process things, I'd leave the conversation entirely.

If you are a 'feeler' who has the ability to present rational arguments or reasoning and simply expects a mutual effort from the other end of the spectrum, I sympathize.

(No idea if this made a whit of sense. )
    You may sympathize. It all goes with intelligence usually.