User Tag List

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default Americans and the world-wide played game Skat

Soo, I was wondering, after being challenged by a guy that looked funny that I have no clue about strategy games cause I dont play chess and I asked him if he plays skat then and he said no: do americans know skat ?

You all know the typical card game its like that:

This game was originally produced to play skat with that's why the french made it. I personally once wrote an article on the grand ouvert in the german wikipedia. If you are intrested its here:

Grand (Skat) Wikipedia

(I choosed as authors name back then Quinn, as in Quinn Mallory cause I loved the series ! Sliders 4evah !)

So basically Skat is like this:

You got 3 players, which all play against each other. But in the game 2 player play against 1. And only if the 1 wins the round he gains points. The 2 who play against him never get points.

Therefore before the game their is a round in which everyone calls each other numbers. The numbers are determined by the strength of your cards. If you win that round by saying the highest number you are the 1. If the number is high your choices of sorts of games you can play become more limited.

The numbers are derived from your jacks and the colours of cards. Diamonds are worth a 9, heart is worth a 10, spade is 11 and cross is 12. And the jacks are the multiplicator. Meaning if you got 3 Jacks, you count "with 3 game 4". If you got 2 jacks it is "with 2 game 3". So game is always +1 . If you have no jacks you count "without 4 game 5". Having for example game 5 and most of your cards are spades you count 5 x 11 which is 55. So you can go till 55 in the opening round.

If you won the opening bet, you are the 1 who plays alone. Then you say what you want to play, in our case you would say: I am gonna play spades. Meaning that spades + your jacks are higher than all other cards in the game. Of course the other got spades too, so if someone plays a 10 and you lie down a 9 you loose. But if someone plays a heart ace and the other one a heart 10 and you play spades or a jack, you win.

The single player has to reach 61 points. The other two win at 60 points, with 7,8,9 counting as 0 points, 10 as 10 points, ace as 11 points, jacks as 2 points, queens as 3 and kings as 4. Which sums up to 120 points in a 32 cards game.

So who does want to play online skat with me and tell me about chess ? I AM HOT !!v

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TkyaPDABI8"][/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

No, really doesn't sound familiar. Let's play Uno instead.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Unbelieveable. Skat is like the holy grail of games played in germany

Ok, I am in for the Uno round
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]