User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 73

  1. #51
    Resident Snot-Nose GZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    I heard somewhere that most people tend to see their type as the best for some reason.

    If I had to be one type that wasn't INFP, I'd want to be ENTP, I suppose. In some twisted way, I think INFP and ENTP have something in common, maybe the same sense of humour or something, who knows? But... I've always found that ENTPs were able to express ideas and opinions in a very clever, humourous way, and I've always found it inspiring. I guess the ENTP way of trying to understand the world is partially responsible for this. I think I know three ENTPs, and all of them I have very good friendships with, and two of them are nothing short of inspiring to watch, inspiring in the very energy they live in.

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    IXTX
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I heard somewhere that most people tend to see their type as the best for some reason.

    If I had to be one type that wasn't INFP, I'd want to be ENTP, I suppose. In some twisted way, I think INFP and ENTP have something in common, maybe the same sense of humour or something, who knows? But... I've always found that ENTPs were able to express ideas and opinions in a very clever, humourous way, and I've always found it inspiring. I guess the ENTP way of trying to understand the world is partially responsible for this. I think I know three ENTPs, and all of them I have very good friendships with, and two of them are nothing short of inspiring to watch, inspiring in the very energy they live in.
    It's because every type has their strengths and weak points. You tend to understand your own type more so than the others, and thus, you can identify and improve on your faults. When you do that, you realize that your type is pretty good, and conclude it's the best one as long as you can abuse your strengths and deal with your weaknesses.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Veneti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    XNTX
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helfeather View Post
    It's because every type has their strengths and weak points. You tend to understand your own type more so than the others, and thus, you can identify and improve on your faults. When you do that, you realize that your type is pretty good, and conclude it's the best one as long as you can abuse your strengths and deal with your weaknesses.
    Hmm.. that raises one point I think actually ISN'T true about these typings. Its sort of pretty much accepted that to be pronounced one way is to be reasonably exclusive of the opposite.

    At work for instance, I know some classic extroverted people orientated types who are actually INTJ's underneath it all.

    I personally think that there are people who are NT's and can flip all the I, E, J & P's around to suit their circumstances or just have explored all the angles. Just possibly an NT with high IQ and EQ can just be what they want and their "test" profile is just a function of what is more pronounced inwardly. (Not sure about high IQ/EQ other types and if they can flip around or not as I don't think along those lines).

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    IXTX
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Hmm.. that raises one point I think actually ISN'T true about these typings. Its sort of pretty much accepted that to be pronounced one way is to be reasonably exclusive of the opposite.

    At work for instance, I know some classic extroverted people orientated types who are actually INTJ's underneath it all.

    I personally think that there are people who are NT's and can flip all the I, E, J & P's around to suit their circumstances or just have explored all the angles. Just possibly an NT with high IQ and EQ can just be what they want and their "test" profile is just a function of what is more pronounced inwardly. (Not sure about high IQ/EQ other types and if they can flip around or not as I don't think along those lines).
    Yup, to be able to switch your type fluidly and adapt accordingly to the requirements of the situation is truly the best type of person of all xD

  5. #55
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Sometimes I wish I was an ESFJ or an ENTJ. Otherwise I'm fine with myself and my type..

    Although I can't really be, and be another type...I don't think that really counts as me, and me is now...oh, whatever. *has started going overboard*
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  6. #56
    Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,126

    Default

    I would love to be an XXXX
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

  7. #57
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    EINSTFPJ - God's type.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

  8. #58
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    EINSTFPJ - God's type.
    It definitely SOUNDS Jewish. (I guess Christianity was right after all.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #59
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    EINSTFPJ - God's type.
    No, I think God is probably ENTJ, if he exists.

  10. #60
    Senior Member The Third Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    No, I think God is probably ENTJ, if he exists.
    Herasy!!! we all know he is an ENFj.
    ENFJ 3W4

    If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

    *Actual time may vary.

Similar Threads

  1. What type do you try to look like when you are obviously not?
    By Elfboy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 09-13-2015, 04:26 AM
  2. What type do I appear to be?
    By /DG/ in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 09:23 PM
  3. [NF] NF Masquerade: What type would you want to be for a day and why?
    By Anew Leaf in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 01:51 PM
  4. What type would you LIKE to be?
    By NegativeZero in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 11:18 AM
  5. What type do you think has the most potential to be successful?
    By G-Virus in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO