User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

I'm happy the way I am. Perhaps a bit more extroversion would help me get over the anxiety and stress I feel when I'm with new people.
    OK, I'd like to be more creative/ingenious, so perhaps a bit more N would help too.

MBTI
    INFP

ENTJ Roar lol
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    I'm happy the way I am. Perhaps a bit more extroversion would help me get over the anxiety and stress I feel when I'm with new people.
    OK, I'd like to be more creative/ingenious, so perhaps a bit more N would help too.

A preference is about a preference only.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A test where you have to choose between two alternatives cannot give objective results in the subject matter.

A preference is only about a preference.
    The cognitive processes are not tested.
    This was a common complaint when I was a statistical interviewer and asked people to answer such questions. People sometimes felt that there was more to the issue at hand than just answers in a straight line. Yet the intent of the researcher was to capture exactly that.

This method is mathematically motivated and acceptable, although difficult to do cognitively, because of the need to think multi-dimensionally. It's hard for people to answer in such views of the subject matter that they think as much less important.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I've always wanted to be an ISFJ. I'm more okay with not being one than I used to be.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Oberon

I was about to say "I'm happy being an ENTP," but that's kind of part of the definition of an ENTP.

I was also about to say "The whole WORLD should be composed of ENTPs," but then life would suck because nothing would ever get done. All the projects that required conscientious management skills, organization, and undivided attention would basically fall apart. The landscape would be littered with unfinished projects and people reading books.

MBTI
    ENTP

if I could be any personality I'd be a perfect NT that is deep and introspective when alone or in intimate conversations but ambitious and outgoing when dealing with the world. I would be playful and spontaneous in casual settings but trustworthy, highly disciplined and focused when at work. And I would do all this while maintaining the highest integrity, lust for truth, and biting wit.
    I don't wanna!

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    ENTJ Roar lol
    I had to quote you to figure out where that smiley is from.

I enjoy being an EFJ although I'd like to acquire some of the better ESTP and NTJ qualities.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    if I could be any personality I'd be a perfect NT that is deep and introspective when alone or in intimate conversations but ambitious and outgoing when dealing with the world. I would be playful and spontaneous in casual settings but trustworthy, highly disciplined and focused when at work. And I would do all this while maintaining the highest integrity, lust for truth, and biting wit.
    You want to be me?

Oh wait, scratch that -- I just saw the bit about "highly disciplined and focused when at work."

(You know, I didn't peg you as a fantasist.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    I was about to say "I'm happy being an ENTP," but that's kind of part of the definition of an ENTP.

I was also about to say "The whole WORLD should be composed of ENTPs," but then life would suck because nothing would ever get done. All the projects that required conscientious management skills, organization, and undivided attention would basically fall apart. The landscape would be littered with unfinished projects and people reading books.
    What If The World Was Made of ENTPs
    1. Without homes and infrastructure, they would first try to fool everyone else to make the work while they go "arrange" for everything to happen.
    2. Noticing that homes are not getting built and the local landfill is starting to fill up from beer bottles, they would gather a stand-up comedian, IT consultant and a sales representative to design for a housing plan.
    3. Living in their houses with windows on floors, doors on roofs and central heating done with nuclear waste, every other building would have a particle accelerator in it's basement. The rest of the buildings would have satellite dish on their roofs, operated under the SETI club with 50% of the population participating.
    4. Employment contracts would read "whenever" and "if she feels like it".
    5. Making the judge laugh would equal as testimony in court.
    6. Sandals, shorts and swimming suit would be the usual attire to work. There would be theme days when people would wear pants and use a clock, to nostalgize on the old days.
    7. The goverment would appoint John Cleese as the Minister of the Interior, Weird Al Yankovich as the Minister of Education, with John de Lancie as the President. De Lancie would have secured the job for himself by attaching to the job application a video of his performance as "Q" in Star Trek.
    8. When invited to a wedding, "formal attire" would mean cosplaying to fit the wedding's theme. That would be dressing up as someone from middle-earth, an atomic superhero, cyborg or showing up butt naked.
    9. Marilyn vos Savant would be the greatest celebrity, with paparazzis ever after her. The tabloids would follow her life exactly, prompting tabloids such as "breaking news! Savant thinks little of Fermat's last theorem!"
    10. People would name their babies as Foxygirl07 and honky-lover. They would use nicks like Alice Robinson as their screen names.
    11. Spotting celebrities, people would rush to their friends and tell: "ZOMG do you know whom I saw on the street today? It was Swordandshield, the fastest player to level to 70 in WoW!"
    12. When you would get customer complaints for goods undelivered in 3 months, you would go up and see the appropriate department in your workplace. You would see a post-it note on the door, saying "we went surfing, regards, Bob.'