User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by HilbertSpace View Post
    I'd ask for a gadget-making gadget. Sort of like a Coke machine, except gadget-dispensing and programmable so that I could make my time-pausing devise, or my dimension-seeing device, or a really nice stereo, as needed.
    Wish I'd thought of this. This would in fact be the gadget that I would most want.

The first thing I'd get from it would likely be a mind reader device, to be able to see what everyone around me was thinking.

The gadget I really want is the time-stopping device that has already been mentioned by a few people.

But in the interest of not being repetitive, my second choice is a pair of X ray glasses that will let me see whether a woman is attracted to me or not. The glasses would make the woman glow with a colored aura. It would be like the terrorism alert...green is she has no interest, yellow is that she's rather indifferent, orange is that she's interested, and red means she wants to jump my bones.

Not incidentally, if I could replicate those glasses I'd be rich enough to make Bill Gates look homeless.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    What's one gadget you wish you had?

It doesn't need to exist. It doesn't need to be plausible. Heck, I don't care if it's so specialized only you would find use for it.

I want a trust-worthiness indicator. It needs to be discreet, implantable, and have a discreet warning system. Only I need to know.

And I want the thing to work globally. Right from where I am, I wanna know if I can trust someone miles away.

Yup. I reckon if I had one of those I'd save myself and my loved ones a world of frustration and hurt. Heh. I'd probably even save money.
    A Lexus SC430

There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm afraid if I got attraction glasses they'd just always show green and I'd be so sad. Leave me to my fantasies that a few people here and there are mildly attracted to me!

So I guess my gadget would have to be something that would slow down conversations so I can think of interesting things to say in time for them to still be interesting.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    What's one gadget you wish you had?

It doesn't need to exist. It doesn't need to be plausible. Heck, I don't care if it's so specialized only you would find use for it.

I want a trust-worthiness indicator. It needs to be discreet, implantable, and have a discreet warning system. Only I need to know.

And I want the thing to work globally. Right from where I am, I wanna know if I can trust someone miles away.

Yup. I reckon if I had one of those I'd save myself and my loved ones a world of frustration and hurt. Heh. I'd probably even save money.
    Gaydar. Gaydar that went off when it was around someone who'd had even a single homosexual thought. And I would be able to tell the intensity of gayness.

That would be mighty useful
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

Socionics
    SLI

Not really a gadget, but I wish I had my own collective. Kinda like the borg, but it would just be me. My clones. I could do multiple things at once and be in multiple places at once and best of all I'd be a collective consciousness. Actually they don't have to be clones as long as I was the consciousness.

That'd be like a major boost for my creativity, something I kinda need right now.

MBTI
    INFJ

An instant teleportation device that could take me wherever I want to go because I really want to travel but costs get in my way. With a teleportation device, I could go to places like Egypt, the Amazon, or the Outback & be back for dinner!

I want a clapper for my car keys. All I'd have to do is clap and a beep would tell me where those damned keys are.

MBTI
    type

I should have taught my dog how to find the remotes by scent.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFP

I kinda wish I had The Button - the one which launches all the nukes at whatever it is they're pointed at and ends the world. I doubt I'd ever push it. But every day I would feel that I was contributing something valuable to the lives of every person on the planet by not pushing it.