1 4.76%
  • Si

0 0%
12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Forum atmosphere: What function is most perceptible?

Earth's atmosphere is mostly Nitrogen and Oxygen. But that has absolutely nothing to do with this question, because it's about the tone and mental skills associated with most posts.

A friend of mine recently told me they felt oppressed by the level of Fe, that there were too many sensitive people here. I haven't really noticed it myself lately, but then I'm an FJ.

So, what do you think? What function seems to dominate the forum atmosphere for you most these days?

MBTI
    I

Yeah, I've noticed Fe is very dominant here, but also so are the N functions. Ne is extremely apparent, while Ni is a little less perceptible.

What I have noticed is that Se is almost imperceptible. Si is imperceptible, except in the SJ forum which I visit a lot. I'd like to see some more Se though.

garbage

People tend to get overly critical and defensive and then not realize--or deny--that they're doing either of these. So this forum could be marked by an air of inferior Fe.

But then, lots of forums are like that. The nature of online, anonymous forums kind of changes the social dynamics.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed Fe is very dominant here, but also so are the N functions. Ne is extremely apparent, while Ni is a little less perceptible.

What I have noticed is that Se is almost imperceptible. Si is imperceptible, except in the SJ forum which I visit a lot. I'd like to see some more Se though.
    Here's an interesting question: How would you see Se being expressed on an online/virtual forum?

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    People tend to get overly critical and defensive and then not realize--or deny--that they're doing either of these. So this forum could be marked by an air of inferior Fe.
    I'm not going to commit to an answer on that, but it's definitely food for thought.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    I

But then, lots of forums are like that. The nature of online, anonymous forums kind of changes the social dynamics.
    I don't see a lot of defensiveness or people being critical on this forum (in comparison to other online forums).

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Here's an interesting question: How would you see Se being expressed on an online/virtual forum?
    It may sound simple, but talk more about how great things look, taste, smell, etc. About sports, the outdoors, technology, nature, etc. More tangible and realistic issues. That's what I'd like to see.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

+1

Could be though that Fi users are more likely to notice this though, as it can rub us the wrong way. Justs like S's are probably very much likely to notice Ne going buckwild yet again
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Fi , Fe , Ne and Ti are functions that define the contain of this forum. (by my opinion).

garbage

I don't see a lot of defensiveness or people being critical on this forum (in comparison to other online forums).
    I doubt that Fe dominates, but the Fe that does show is most often an unhealthy one. It's like the background noise--an underlying context--to the more apparent signal.

Since we're talking psychology, philosophy, relationships, and abstract models, I think we're talking some mixture of Ne, Ti, and Fi actually dominating. But whatever "state" of Fe exists is definitely going to be noticeable, consciously or not, in a setting where one socially interacts.

This would explain the OP's predicament.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    +1

Could be though that Fi users are more likely to notice this though, as it can rub us the wrong way. Justs like S's are probably very much likely to notice Ne going buckwild yet again
    In any case, multiple perspectives allow us all to see what might not be readily apparent.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It may sound simple, but talk more about how great things look, taste, smell, etc. About sports, the outdoors, technology, nature, etc. More tangible and realistic issues. That's what I'd like to see.
    Darn, now I'm REALLY wishing those "scratch and sniff" style Internet devices had actually been developed in the early 2000's.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFJ

Meh, Fe sucks anyway.

Personally...I blame North Korea.