User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I LOVE dancing lol it's probably the one thing (aside from the other) where I don't go all shy and awkward.

I go out purely to dance when I go out, I become oblivious to the crowds of people (who would normally have me running for the hills). I couldn't even begin to describe how music energises me enough to handle being around alot of people, but turn the music off and all of a sudden it's panic and run/hide time lol.

I didn't actually start LOVING music and dancing until I was in my teen.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I love dancing too, it's awesome. There's nothing that is as artistic, enjoyable, physical and impulsive at the same time, just tuning into music and letting it make you move. I love dancing to melodic trance music in raves, house music etc in clubs..

What kind of music do you love to dance to?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I love dancing too, it's awesome. There's nothing that is as artistic, enjoyable, physical and impulsive at the same time, just tuning into music and letting it make you move. I love dancing to melodic trance music in raves, house music etc in clubs..

What kind of music do you love to dance to?

Same as you plus Rock and Indie rock , music is lush, and dancing is one of lifes rare enjoyments.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Helfeather View Post
    I've never comprehended the purpose of dancing. Why do some people love dancing? I'm really not joking here; I see no value in it.

As well, music. Why do people listen to music? Whenever I listen to music, it interferes w/ my thinking and hurts my head. I prefer absolute silence.
    I agree with your perspective on dancing, but I personally like listening to music, although sometimes I like silence as well. It's probably because I can think, read, and listen to music at the same time, on separate mental tracks, especially while I'm alone.

So, do you really not like any music at all?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by narticus View Post
    As for dancing: if you're talking about going to a club and "moving to the rhythm," I can't give any more justification except that it's probably fun for a social sensing type having fun in the moment.
    If I'm just listening to some music at home by myself and start dancing around, it's usually because it's just fun to move around, and the music is giving me some energy that I get to use.

MBTI
    ENFj

I love to go out to dance is great, and me being hispanic is great because I can go dance; Salsa, Merengue (my favorite), Bachata (I struggle alittle with this one), Reggeaton () and everything else.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INTJ

I enjoy listening to music and have the radio on all day at work, but I have never particularly enjoyed dancing. I always feel a bit awkward or foolish while dancing.

RDF

I think music is supposed to be about the percussion at the most basic level. The rhythm of percussion is supposed to appeal to us on the level of bodily rhythms like heartbeats, etc. Or so they say, anyway.

As far as dancing goes, I look at dancing like athletics. If you get comfortable at it, you simply enjoy the kinetics of motion and exertion. Also, relating to the previous paragraph, dance music usually has much more pronounced percussion than music for listening, so that the percussion and kinetics work together.

Then there's couples dancing. My wife and I do Latin and Ballroom dancing, and there's a sense of almost "sculpting" our movements to programmed steps and forms. As the leader, the male has to "sculpt" both himself and the woman. As the follower, the woman has to be "sculpted" but also usually has the more difficult and more eye-catching steps.

Thus, with dancing you can layer on more and more stylistics and variations, making it almost an athletic endeavor. There's a lot of pride in getting good at the more advanced steps. Also, many of the dances are quite fast and are quite a workout. So add in a few drinks and a hot summer night...

Finally, couples dancing is ultimately about sex (especially the Latin dances). Dancers wear revealing clothes, press each other close, move in sultry, sexy rhythms, and taunt each other on the dance floor. If you change partners on the dance floor, it can be pretty exciting to get out on the dance floor with a lot of different dancers across the evening.

So there is actually a lot occurring on the dance floor. If you want to shut down your brain and just indulge your senses for an evening, there's nothing like some good, fast Latin or Ballroom dancing.

MBTI

I dance my ass off at raves

I'm not great or anything, but the thing about raves is that no matter how much you suck, there's always five people way worse than you'll ever be

It's a totally self-centered activity how I do it, no "moves" to look cool with
    innit?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Helfeather View Post
    I've never comprehended the purpose of dancing. Why do some people love dancing? I'm really not joking here; I see no value in it.

As well, music. Why do people listen to music? Whenever I listen to music, it interferes w/ my thinking and hurts my head. I prefer absolute silence.
    1) Because it's fun, and pleasurable.

2) Same as 1.

You won't understand 1) as long as you aren't at least a bit good at it.