User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

All I see is black.

But I compensate for lack of imagery with sound. I hear my own thoughts, overlapping conversations (most of which are garbled), and music that I sort of 'compose' in my head. It's often classical-esk but sometimes other genres. Unfortunately I never remember enough of it to write it down. Usually I'll hear all of these things at the same time. Every once in a great while I'll use some imagery like 'painting' pictures in my head. (Meaning I plan out what colour scheme I want, pick out what I want to emphasize, what meaning I'm trying to convey, yaddah, yaddah...) Needless to say my mind is very active upon the verge of sleep and it takes me a while to fully fall asleep but when I do, it eventually fades away...

Things don't get disturbing until I'm actually in deep sleep. Then the real party begins!
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Usually soothing nature images that i've already seen and have made an impact. Sunsets, boats, campfires, the ocean. (often sitting in front of a sea wall on rocks with the ocean splashing inches near my feet and surrounding me on the right and left with a full moon shining down. that is my favorite auto-image. ) and listening to the fan. (Love to sleep with a fan.)

Sometimes I see things in life that are just beautiful- that cameras can't capture.. and I think "oh I do hope this imprints and becomes a sleep image!"

(Cause i'm weird.) I like to relive these things over and over.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    In my case, it's not so much what I see but what I feel. I can't recall seeing anything unusual. It's like I can feel myself "leaving" the body or drifting off to somewhere else. Almost like I'm watching myself from up above and I know it but it feels very nice so I succumb to it. Hello, Dreamland
    This is basically what I experience as well. If I become too aware of this, however, I tend to "fall" back into myself, which is a fairly odd feeling.

I occasionally have imagery floating through my brain, but I have the tendency to get too interested in what I'm seeing to properly sleep, so I've learnt to not see anything when I'm actually trying to sleep.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    i am curious, are these things you see minutes before you go to sleep?
    or at the moment you are actually falling asleep?
    For me, it's when I'm starting to fall asleep. I'm still conscious and aware of a visual field, but very relaxed.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    All I see is black.

But I compensate for lack of imagery with sound. I hear my own thoughts, overlapping conversations (most of which are garbled), and music that I sort of 'compose' in my head. It's often classical-esk but sometimes other genres. Unfortunately I never remember enough of it to write it down. Usually I'll hear all of these things at the same time. Every once in a great while I'll use some imagery like 'painting' pictures in my head. (Meaning I plan out what colour scheme I want, pick out what I want to emphasize, what meaning I'm trying to convey, yaddah, yaddah...) Needless to say my mind is very active upon the verge of sleep and it takes me a while to fully fall asleep but when I do, it eventually fades away...

Things don't get disturbing until I'm actually in deep sleep. Then the real party begins!
    I compose music in my head too. It used to be constant, but now I can sort of turn it off when I want to. Cool about the painting. You must be very creative.

MBTI
    infp

I couldn't tell you one thing, I have flashes of images, some are so different it's suprising how I leap from one image to the other since there is no connection to them.

It's hard to slow it down, or to capture it as one thing.

It's kind of frustrating tbh because I lose thoughts/images that I want to dwell on as my mind leaps away to something else, and something else over and over until I finally fall asleep.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    I see diagrams, charts, boards, patterns, numbers, circles, and buildings (architecture).
    Really? Do you work with those things during the day?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

It starts with blobs of color slowly moving around, then sometimes I'll get a quick flash of imagery (building, landscapes, forests...) while still very aware, so I think the awareness is what snaps me out of it. They seem like the beginning of dream scenarios. And when I eventually fall asleep, I think I get these images, but instead of snapping out of it, I'm not aware enough and I slip into them.

MBTI
    INFP

women!

or at least i wish it was women, its usually a jumbly mess of random incoherence, like a big mishmash of every thought ive had all week. often accompanied by a feeling of quiet serenity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Not much, I just fall asleep.