User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How good are you with money?

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

I put all my rent money in a savings account so I don't touch it and accidently spend it. We have it set up that each person pays rent every six months and I'm paying august september
    but I get 750 a month for rent so I have to save it, so I actually have rent when it's due
    by @magpie

Perfect Gentleman! =D Array d@v3's Avatar

On a "good with money" scale from 0-10, 10 being the best, I'd say I'm a 7-8.

Save first, spend later. Don't spend more than what you have in the bank.

Obviously you will be in debt at some point with student,home, and car loans. But there is no reason to get into debt over the small things, like credit cards. Just pay it off every month, and if you can't then DON'T use it.

Here is what I do along with the second line (above) in this post:

90% of the time, patience pays off.

Keep your investments spread out. In other words, do not buy stock ONLY in the auto industry, buy some in the auto industry AND in another industry.

Seperate the good assets (the ones that you can actually reasonably liquidate) from the bad assets (extra baggage/"junk")

Have only one or two credit cards and do NOT carry a balance on them.

Buy cheap but "durable" items.

Get in the habit of thinking about everything you buy as an "'investment". (How long will this car last? Is it mechanically sound? Are there any recalls? Warranty?)

If you can, get loans from the local credit union, as their interest rates are usually LOWER than any banks or federal loans. (However, I think that if you fail to make a payment to the credit union, the interest rate will be HIGHER than any bank or Federal loan.) But check everywhere before you sign anything just in case it is lower interest elsewhere.

Always keep SOME of your money in your checking account. ( Obviously do not write checks for more money than what you have in your checking amount.)

...I think thats everything .... yeah so I guess this is all kind of SJish...
    Freedom Isn't Free.