User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, I'm always befuddled when you talk about finances/economics of course a constant inflow of income means that you can save, so saying that saving doesn't make you rich is clearly wrong. Living frugally means that you don't have debt and you can invest the money, and get the compounded interest instead of having to pay the compounded interest on the debt. All those behaviors are deeply intertwined and it's not wise to say that "X makes you rich" or whatever.
    saving is different from finding sources of income. Saving just means putting money in the bank or hide it under a matress. Finding alternative sources of income means getting income from somewhere or from some system other than trhe bank.

Like the dude that owns the subway system in my city, he is pratically collecting money from passanger fees without doing anything.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    But we can't all be NTJ now, can we? lol. You're real lucky in that regard.

I really have to reinforce my NiTe.
    I wish I had them smarts that's for sure lol.

Money and numbers. :horor:
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    saving is different from finding sources of income. Saving just means putting money in the bank or hide it under a matress.
    Savings(t) = dIncome - dExpenses (in differential form)

Thus, savings are very much linked to your income. It's extremely simple. Savings are just as dynamic as income. Notice how manipulating the terms you derive the simple equality Expenses(t)= int(t=0,t=t)[Savings]+income

Finding alternative sources of income means getting income from somewhere or from some system other than trhe bank.
    From the bank? You don't get income from the bank, you save your wealth there. Sure, having multiple sources of income will make your savings raise faster, if that's what you mean.

Like the dude that owns the subway system in my city, he is pratically collecting money from passanger fees without doing anything.
    It goes without saying that in order to own a subway you first need to save enough to buy/build it.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Default A Constant Flow of Money

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Saving and living frugally won't get you rich. A wise person would know how to find alternative sources of income other than the salary from your boss. A constnat inflow of income will make you rich. There are people who are collecting money everyday and do nothing.
    Yeah, it's true - a constant flow of money is a river of freedom.

I am free from work. I am free from debt. I am free to follow my inner self.

I am free to follow my pleasure. I am free to listen to my deep inner self.

I am free to take my time. I never hurry. I rarely worry. I enjoy every moment. I can allow each moment to unfold, to take its time and unfold and tell me its secret.

I follow the secret life of cats and every dog is my friend.

Yesterday I had time to look into the eyes of Jules, a young schizophrenic women who is giving birth to herself.

For a moment we shared the excitement in the sunlight - we moved closer - and in our embarrassment we found we had things to do - glancing back with a smile as we left.

In the sunlight, for a brief moment, we were both giving birth to one another, just as we give birth to each moment.

Yes, a constant flow of money allows each pregnant moment to give birth to itself.

Phantonym

I'm fairly good with money. I'm not a penny pincher but I don't waste it without thinking either. I don't have a strict budget but I try to only buy the things I need.
    Occasionally, I do make spontaneous and not that practical decisions and buy impractical things for my own pleasure. But these occasions are rare. I try to make myself comfortable without extremes.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I'm fairly good with money. I'm not a penny pincher but I don't waste it without thinking either. I don't have a strict budget but I try to only buy the things I need.
    Occasionally, I do make spontaneous and not that practical decisions and buy impractical things for my own pleasure. But these occasions are rare. I try to make myself comfortable without extremes.
    I wish I could do that, I could be very comfortable, I could save for the things I need and still be able to maintain a little extra per month for a treat, but even after all of these years, financial smarts still eludes me. :steam:
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

I like to always have plenty of it, could be why I don't drive a car

Always amusing to me when people say "I can't" I ask why and the reason is "got no money"

To me its like... thats why you have a stockpile, when you want to go do whatever, you can

I never shop for pointless stuff, I always sell my video games on ebay to buy new ones etc

I spend it and have as much fun as everyone else but don't seem to run out like everyone else

and no I don't have high paying job, far from it... its just good management

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    its just good management
    Yes, that's exactly it. There's no point in complaining about having little money, it's all about prioritizing. Thinking about whether the things you want are really the things you need. I know, it's hard to do but why complain when you're clearly not taking action to change things?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Most people would say I'm good with money, but it's not because I put any thought in it. I just HATE spending it. Example: I get hand-me-downs from everyone (the lab tech, my boss's daughter, my bff's mom's friend's daughter... everyone), and steal toilet paper from work. So, I've got a good bit of dough in the bank, and am financially secure (which won't be the case in a month or so when all my money goes to student loans).

The secret is: stop buying crap. Stay away from malls and internet stores.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

Banned

Meh, not good or bad with money. Spend it when I have it, don't when I don't. It's not something I put much thought into.