User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm in the Vancouver area now and love it. Toronto has some interesting areas but I've always loved BC'ers compared to anywhere I've gone. Admittedly, I'm biased, but I find the people here far more interesting. As the others have said though, be prepared to pay out the ass for your living expenses, it's def not cheap.
    Instant gratification takes too long.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm in Ottawa and I like it a lot. (I could elaborate on why, but I'm not sure what you're looking for). I don't like Toronto personally, but a lot of my friends do. Depends what you're looking for in a city, of course.
    I'm looking for somewhere that the price of living won't stress me out but isn't a hole.

Ottawa is actually a city I really like the feel of, how's the apartment market there?
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    I'm looking for somewhere that the price of living won't stress me out but isn't a hole.
    That's the only reason you wouldn't pick to live in Vancouver... Unless you have very particular desires, it's the top city by a pretty large margin - one of the best in the world.

The cost, however, is very high by Canadian standards.

Riva

don't go to Canada.
    i heard it's the most violent place on the surface of earth.
    and i think they were planning on changing the name to Gotham.

MBTI
    ISTx

Ottawa is actually a city I really like the feel of, how's the apartment market there?
    Have you ever considered the U.S.?

MBTI
    ENTP

Vancouver
    Montreal
    or Jasper

Cold makes this list shorter than it should be
    Sleep late for a better tomorrow.

Extraverted - 58%
    INtuitive - 73%
    Thinking - 71%
    Perceiving - 66%

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Honestly I'm not sure, I've never looked for one. You could try looking on craigslist/similar places for ottawa. I've heard that the cost of living here is fairly low relative to vancouver/toronto, never lived anywhere else though so I can't say first hand.

I like it a lot because it's a fairly green city, there's a lot of parks and green space, and the bike path system is very decent (vancouver's might be better though). The government is a big employer here which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending what you're looking for.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Ottawa is great; I hated the rain in Vancouver but I loved the place when you remove the weather; Victoria is pleasant but a little boring because it's so tiny (80 000). Winnipeg as a place is great too (great music scene, really low cost of living, making $ during the recession, 714 000 people so there's always stuff going on, but again, winter weather is unfriendly for several months straight (though summer weather is really fantastic, which most don't know).
    I didn't like Regina as much, and I agree with GZA that Hamilton is not a great place to live. Personally, I'm not that much of a fan of Toronto.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Winnipeg as a place is great too (great music scene, really low cost of living, making $ during the recession, 714 000 people so there's always stuff going on, but again, winter weather is unfriendly for several months straight (though summer weather is really fantastic, which most don't know).
    Heh, perhaps for the two week transition between winter and summer. Then the mosquitoes come out. Oy.

Well, okay fine. If you can get past the construction, the mosquitoes, and the weather (which we have a saying for - if you don't like it, come back out in five minutes and it'll be different), it's not a bad place. Just really flat. And while almost nothing goes on outside of the city (as something like 80% of the population lives in it), I know southern Manitoba at least has some interesting nature things going for it. I'd imagine BC is prettier though.

On the other hand, we're apparently the slurpee capital of the world. So who knows.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Slurpee Capital of the World?!

*makes plans to move to Winnipeg*

Murk, I want to second the Winnipeg rec. I have never lived there but am close to 2 people who grew up there and who say it's great - lot's of cultural goings on, not pretentious, not expensive.

Also, I want to add Canmore to the list. It's my sister's favourite Canadian town. The outdoor activities are basically without compare, and it's quite a vibrant little place - lots of young people, work to be had if you don't mind outdoor/physical work etc.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker