User Tag List

123 Last

Banned

Default Type and climate preference

As a, naturally, somewhat surly character I find very warm temperatures make me a complete bitch (shocking, I know). On the other hand, when most people are crying over freezing weather I feel mildly inconvenienced at worst. What I wonder is is there any connection between type and climate preference? What do you guys think?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't know, I much prefer cold weather. I'm just generally less stressed when it's cold, I love it. Especially when there are snow clouds and it's all dark, with the sun blotted out. I really dislike the sun when it's too bright. Plus when it's cold you can cover up to get comfortable, when it's hot you can only dress down so far, and even if you were nude it would still be uncomfortable. So cold weather wins for me. I want to move to a colder climate when I get older.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmm...doubtful.

but if you're curious...i like mild...i like to be outside and don't want to be uncomfortable so...50-85' F

although i appreciate the super hot and super cold occasionally.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

your resident asshole

I get cold pretty easily, so I really like the warmth. But then cold climates are good because you can bundle up in warm clothes and feel nice 'n' cozy.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

60 degrees and high elevation.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFJ

I could really care less about hot and cold and only really care about dry and wet. If I'm wet and freezing I'm not a happy camper, but if it's twenty below and I'm bone dry I could really care less. It's the same with heat, really. So I like dry climates.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I like the climate where you get on some parts of the day - thunder, monsoons, and bright sunlight. That's somewhere enough the equator, where the seasons are the same throughout the year - no seasons at all, in fact.

... That'll be in places like Malaysia, southern India, Sri Lanka, or Kenya.

A permanent vacation that would be.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I can't take the heat. The colder, the better. I sleep with windows open and fan on, year round.

I like it when it's hot.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

65-75 is optimal for me. i prefer cold to hot and overcast to sunny (though that could be because i burn easily)..for me humidity is more important - arid heat is hell to me (no pun intended).. i quite like light rain. spring is my favorite season.. i'd like winter more if it werent so bitter where i live.

my thought is that ayurvedic prakruti have more to do with our climate preferences than do MBTI types