User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I prefer to be cool. Not cold but definitely not hot. I'm sensitive to the sun and heat. I actually like rain and snow!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I like...well, I like seasons. I like to have a cold winter, from -10 to 5 degrees, and I don't suffer the cold too much - less than many people I know. But from march to november I really need comfortable temperatures (15-25 degrees), because I love the outdoors, and wind+freezing doesn't let you enjoy the mountains (neither the plains). I think I am perfectly adapted to the climate where I have been living in since a kid.

If I had to summarize, I think I prefer hot to cold anyway. I can go out more, do more things, and at the end of the day have more choice on what activities I can do. My favorite months are march-april and october-november, because in the plains it's warm (20 degrees) and I can go out at night without jacket, but if I go above 2000m there's still plenty of snow and cold. I suppose I go along with the stereotype, since I'm extremely extraverted. My skin reacts badly to absence of sun for prolonged times, and I tend to have trouble sleeping. Places that have a good climate for my preference would be (other than nothern italy): northwestern spain, oregon, southern brazil-northern argentina, southeastern australia, georgia-south carolina, southeastern china (hongkong, macau, etc); just generally humid sutropical climate zone:

Oh, and to be honest, I really like high humidity. Many years of long-distance cycling in a very high-humidity zone has probably altered my biochemistry somewhat, and when everybody is dying due to high humidity, I feel great. I do think more clearly in a colder climate, but I couldn't care less about how quickly I think - it's more important for me to be able to lay on the beach or to climb mountains whenever I want.

I have some trouble understanding why so many people on online forums dislike the sun...I think they should just get out of their house more, to be completely blunt.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    GONE

Did I already answer this thread or is there another similar one around here somewhere?

In any case - I like it warm and dry and sunny which I think does in fact parallel my natural sunny disposition (HA HA HA).

Deserts (not in the summer) are just peachy with me. Palm Springs in April/May is great! I was in Tampa, Fl around Xmas time one year - again, GREAT! Miami in February? Could be *warmer* but not too warm, and definitely not humid, please. I grew up in NorCal so I don't deal well with humidity. I think New Mexico or Arizona would be great places for me to live, speaking just climate and weather wise.

I don't do well with wet or humid or cold climates. Honestly, the east coast is a bad fit with my temperature preferences but I deal because modern living and quality of life is about so much more than just weather. Unless you are a total outdoorsy kind of person, which I am *not*.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

By the way, I think that people from similar climate zone tend to get along better. I know it sounds racist, but it isn't: I get along best with chinese and southern brazilians and southeastern united staters, for some reason.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I don't really care for temperature that much, but 20 to 26C is perfect. More important: enough light. So Belgium is great for temperature, but it could do with a little more sunlight.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

I love it when I can go outside without a shirt and not even notice the temperature. (Not too hot, not too cold.) Being too hot sucks, but it's so much more efficient than being too cold, in my opinion. Being hot is a mild inconvenience. You can take your clothes off, use air conditioning, sit in front of a fan, or go out at night only. It's easy to work with.

In the winter, you have to wear coats, gloves, hats, etc... You have to deal with snow. Pipes freeze. The salt on the roads is bad for your car. If you're trying to do something outside, your hands get numb or get frostbite. Everything is a huge mess. It's like living inside of a freezer. And while it's possible to deal with being too hot for a few hours a day, it's a lot harder to go without heat in the winter, so the winter is more costly too.

Here's something I've noticed that I think makes no sense: People who like cooler weather still wear jackets. It's like, how can 60 be your ideal temperature if you're too cold in it to not wear a jacket? Wouldn't it equal out to 70 without a jacket or something like that? I don't get it. Lots of people do it. Maybe they like the cold on their face but not their bodies. If you have to wear anything more than a T-shirt for warmth, doesn't that mean you think it's too cold?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I am not too bothered up to 25, even 30 degrees Celsius. But once over that, plz do not talk to me. Give me cold anyday, at least you can dress for that. With heat there's only so much you can take off and even when naked it's still too frigging hot. I'm willing to tolerate hot temperatures if it means sitting in a pool constantly. But at night, it's a nightmare. Can't sleep. My fav temperature is 20 degrees Celsius really. Not too hot, but nice and sunny..ahhh perfect

We have a temperate moist climate over here, and I love it. A lot of people complain about too much rain here, but it also makes it lush and green, and our temperatures are never extreem coz the weather is always changing. I love that variation, so I'm staying put
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    infp

I like early autumn and late spring the most because it's sunny yet mild. I hate the heat in the UK, it's stuffy and I usually stay indoors when everyone else appears to be sun worshipping.

On the other hand I love heat if there is an ocean breeze near by, like when I used to go to morocco, that was nice heat.

I don't mind cold weather but it's at the bottom of my preferences.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Good lord on the HUGE image!

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    As a, naturally, somewhat surly character I find very warm temperatures make me a complete bitch (shocking, I know). On the other hand, when most people are crying over freezing weather I feel mildly inconvenienced at worst. What I wonder is is there any connection between type and climate preference? What do you guys think?

Hot, and even humid weather makes me miserable.
    I yell *uck even more than usual.
    I prefer fall/winter temperature. Autumn leaves and snow.
    It cools me down, in more ways than one.

Edit: WTF? on that huge image in this thread?
    I always laugh when people do insane shit. Lol.