User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    intp

It's to
    1) serve as a constant reminder to women of the painful and uncomfortable position of their lot in the working world. While you're wincing and teetering on stilettos you spent $$$ on, the men (and women who don't give a damn) are comfy and well-grounded in flat simple styles.
    And
    2) give any outfit or body type a boost of fabulousness . . . Which trumps (1) for me, alas.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENTP
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I was always willing to suffer for heels. Other things, not so much. lol, like I won't deal with scratchy sweaters. Even cashmere is itchy! I don't care how soft and fuzzy it looks!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    They do, I can murder the catwalk walk in heels , shimmy shimmy sway sway lol.
    (I was gonna say "ass" but I thought "hips" sounded more proper in mixed company. )

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise
    I kinda thought that they made the boobs stick out more and did something to the butt, not sure what.
    They do, I think -- to keep balanced and move in them you have to change your body posture, throwing out the chest and arcing your back a bit, etc. This of course is why people complain about high high heels causing some structural problems later, if worn too much.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    They do, I think -- to keep balanced and move in them you have to change your body posture, throwing out the chest and arcing your back a bit, etc. This of course is why people complain about high high heels causing some structural problems later, if worn too much.
    Cha-ching... I knew I had this figured out. Nothing about women's fashion gets by me!

MBTI
    yupp

maybe I didn't get it, because I don't look at women in high heels and go "I want to have sex with her/she looks sexy in those heels" when it comes to women I rarely think about how sexy they are. Now if men wore high heels maybe, but I doubt it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    *eyes Gats* I never knew you were such a wealth of fashion info! You never fail to surprise, sir!
    I take being a know-it-all very seriously.

I wasn't too far away from going into fashion, actually... I still have a pretty strong interest in it. Unfortunately, my artistic ability hampered my ability to do design work, so... yah. Did networking studies instead, which was boring enough for me to go into finance. *shrug* Life's hard as a P.

Heels def. make the leg look longer, more toned (by enhancing the calves muscle) and giving that *lift* to the bum. My xSxx best friend rocks heels like they were flats. She can RUN and I mean, seriously, give you a run for your money, RUN in them, and do rocky uphill/downhill terrains in heels!

She tells me, 'Don't worry, you'll get it, just takes practice'. I tell her, 'I got better shyte to practice'.

I usually wear shoes with a little bit of heels for certain cut of pants (mostly in boot form because the wrap-around the ankle provides the support needed to be more comfy in heels).

I also got height, so sometimes, when I wear heels, esp. those 4 inch badboys, I tower over most men.

And, finally, an anecdote, i.e., the day I decided to give the to heels. New Year's, my birthday, got a cute little red dress, and, accompanying red heels. What women do for 'the look'.

My xSxx best friend's suggestion, to 'break in' the new shoes (and the pinching) by wearing it pre-clubbing in and around our hotel room. It started to hurt...but, I decided to be a trooper. Needless to say, I was in tears, LITERALLY in TEARS, forcing everyone to leave early because my feet were hurting so bad. And, being downtown on New Year's, it was HELL waiting to get a cab to take us back to the hotel. In my desperation, I remember first, going barefoot, in Toronto January weather on downtown streets (yuck!), and then going up to a cop car and even asking them if they could help me. When they said, 'sorry, nope', I remember being so pissed, and pointing out that on the side of their car, it says, "TO SERVE AND PROTECT" which they're not doing a very good job of (okay, so I might have had alcohol in me too).

Regardless, a nice dude saw me crying on the streets, asked what was wrong, picked me up, carried me to his car with my friends following, and drove us back to our hotel. Bless him.

And, that was the last day I wore heels like that! Evil!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Prince was rocking some Louis XIV heels on Tavis Smiley's show the other night.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Prince was rocking some Louis XIV heels on Tavis Smiley's show the other night.
    Yet another reason why heels are an indication of mental instability.