User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Default Ramadan for a whole month...

As Muslims we keep ramadan for a whole month. And even I keep all my fasts or at least try to keep all my fasts. And it also means no drinking so am going to be clean for a month. It also means no TV and music, and praying more at the mosque. Its kind of already as you get to see people who have been after you for the whole year, and wanted to beat up. But on ramadan everyone forgives everyone. This year I am owed 900 pounds, and I have to strike all those debts off. So am having my last drink today, am going to blow all my money.

BBC - Religion & Ethics - Ramadan: Ramadan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

By the way no sex or masturbation either, so you can imagine how hard that is.

MBTI
    INFP

You seem to have forgotten that the alcohol has to have been out of your system for 40 days before you even start fasting, none of your fasts will be acceptable according to islam.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Can you still post here? If not, I'll miss some of your more intelligent posts. You do have a unique insight into certain things that I appreciate, although I don't agree with a lot of what you say.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    You seem to have forgotten that the alcohol has to have been out of your system for 40 days before you even start fasting, none of your fasts will be acceptable according to islam.
    Well, that's completely wrong, alcohol only lasts about 24 hrs in your system. I don't think god is stupid and didn't know this. So I disregard comments such as 40 days. Furthermore, the Quran never mentions this, it only says don't pray while intoxicated until you know what you're uttering.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Can you still post here? If not, I'll miss some of your more intelligent posts. You do have a unique insight into certain things that I appreciate, although I don't agree with a lot of what you say.
    I'll be posting while my dads not around. Its just that my dad bans all entertainment.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Actually, you guys should fast with me, think about it, you'll lose weight too. And have more self control.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    Well, that's completely wrong, alcohol only lasts about 24 hrs in your system. I don't think god is stupid and didn't know this. So I disregard comments such as 40 days. Furthermore, the Quran never mentions this, it only says don't pray while intoxicated until you know what you're uttering.
    Ah the old "the quran doesn't say it" excuse, yet so much of what you follow doesn't come from the quran.

The 40 days is WIDELY accepted amongst the MAJORITY of scholars based on the hadiths and in alignment with the quran.

Still, I know what you will do, pretty much the same thing you did with Aisha's age and the beat her verse.
    Last edited by Sahara; 09-12-2007 at 09:24 AM. Reason: typo

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    Actually, you guys should fast with me, think about it, you'll lose weight too. And have more self control.

How will starving all day and binge eating in the night time help you lose weight?

MBTI
    INFP

Pfff, what's 40 days if you can eat at night? Piece of cake.

But good luck to you. Still don't know why you bother if you're not really a Muslim. Doesn't that seem somewhat sacrilegious to you? Or hypocritical, at least? Be a man and stick by what you believe!