User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    And makes you feel guilty when you are eating, too
    Oh, not at all, not anymore, I just scoffed a sandwich infront of him and made all the right appreciative noises too.

I'm more frustrated for him, as I dedicated so much of my life to this, let it hold me back in so many choices, and now he is set to do the same, fasting is just a by product of the real issue here, and that is that he is not absorbing all the information I am throwing at him.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Yet marriage can be contracted before puberty, the little girl can go live at her new husbands house until puberty begins, or she can stay with her parents until puberty begins, either way she is married.
    Its good, keeps her out of trouble.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Oh, not at all, not anymore, I just scoffed a sandwich infront of him and made all the right appreciative noises too.

I'm more frustrated for him, as I dedicated so much of my life to this, let it hold me back in so many choices, and now he is set to do the same, fasting is just a by product of the real issue here, and that is that he is not absorbing all the information I am throwing at him.
    You should not do that in front of your bother. The fast is going to open at 8 - 9 am dehydrated like hell. I was drinking last night and I need water in my body I'm so tempted to drink. Am so thirsty. But I don't want to break my fast.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

brother *

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    brother *
    You realize you could have just edited your previous post, right? This isn't chat.

I think is what I said before, some people pass all their childhood believing that if they don't follow determined rules (and, interestingly, similar to major religions), they will get eternally condamned in hell. It's something you have to really fight it very hard as an adult, if you find this system does not fits you, because fears developed in childhood are usually rooted very deep

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sona the caveman View Post
    Its good, keeps her out of trouble.
    Yep, keep that domestic animal in it's place, wouldn;t want her getting any ambition or anything.

You should not do that in front of your bother. The fast is going to open at 8 - 9 am dehydrated like hell. I was drinking last night and I need water in my body I'm so tempted to drink. Am so thirsty. But I don't want to break my fast.
    That's not my problem, he chooses to fast when it offends me, my eating offends him, we reach an impasse, and I go with what works for me, since I am the most important in this equation.

That may sound mean, bitchy, whatever, but frankly this is my house, my life and I'll be darned if I will be a people pleaser in anyway anymore.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    I think is what I said before, some people pass all their childhood believing that if they don't follow determined rules (and, interestingly, similar to major religions), they will get eternally condamned in hell. It's something you have to really fight it very hard as an adult, if you find this system does not fits you, because fears developed in childhood are usually rooted very deep

I agree 100%, it was a struggle working past the fear of hell, plus the whole "if anyone leaves his religion (Islam) kill him", brainwashing from childhood, and become an adult perfectly capable of being rational except over things like hell and fear where irrationality wins out.

It's a difficult, and for some impossible, thing to do.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Yep, keep that domestic animal in it's place, wouldn;t want her getting any ambition or anything.
    Yeah ambition to be a lesbian?

I honestly don't mind if a girl wants education, its your duty to educate her. But theres issues, the society is not ideal gives them too much opportunity to mess around.

That's not my problem, he chooses to fast when it offends me, my eating offends him, we reach an impasse, and I go with what works for me, since I am the most important in this equation.

That may sound mean, bitchy, whatever, but frankly this is my house, my life and I'll be darned if I will be a people pleaser in anyway anymore.
    No I don't think its mean or bitch, its just uncivilized.

Yeah ambition to be a lesbian?

I honestly don't mind if a girl wants education, its your duty to educate her. But theres issues, the society is not ideal gives them too much opportunity to mess around...
    Society gives opportunity to anyone, be boy or girl to "mess around", and that has nothing to do with education.
    What I wonder is why do you criticise so much everything? Everyone lives their lives as they think it is better for them. Be that being a lesbian or whatever else. For instance I could criticise your drinking too much, as you stated that you do, but I find no reason to criticise something simply because I don't do it myself.
    As for girls getting married prematurely, this is irrational, bad for the child's development and normally not her own decision. Let people decide for themselves, I believe. I am impacient with people who find this acceptable and whoever got married to a 6-years-old child cannot be a role model for a balanced person (at least, not for that point)