User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    Girls can reach puberty at 6. They reach puberty much faster then boys.
    No, girls do not reach puberty sooner than 10, or, in very rare cases 9.
    And I thought that children do not have to fast anyway, up to the age of 10 or 11, or at least they can have breakfast and eat something light in midday.
    Maybe I am mistaken on that

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    And I thought that children do not have to fast anyway, up to the age of 10 or 11, or at least they can have breakfast and eat something light in midday.

There is no hard fast rule, but from the age of seven all children need to be taught their religion and forced to obey it, even if it means using violent methods.

The luck is in how strict your parents are, my parents were very strict, so it was a whole day fast rather than say my friend who only had to do half a day to start off with.

Aged seven is still the starting point.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Fasting for 16 hours each day doesn't seem healthy to me. At least not in the long term. It seems like it would put undue stress on your body. I suppose it wouldn't be as bad for someone with a high body fat %, but for someone who's at a healthy weight, it just seems bad.
    That's what you'd think, instinctively, based on a lot of the diet / nutrition (mis)information out there, but keep in mind that a good half of this fast is at night. You typically eat from noon - 8 pm then fast.

Of course WHAT you eat matters.

Some random links. (you may have to register for the first three, I think the board is member only now)

IF and improved insulin sensitivity in lean men

Biology of Starvation

This guy used IF to BULK. (there are photos at the bottom of the OP.)

Beneficial effects of intermittent fasting and caloric restriction on the cardiovascular and cerebrovascular systems - Art de Vany.

If and inflammation

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Fasting is fun. Makes you feel less crowded inside...gets your mind off food and helps you think clearer.
    Really? Fasting makes me think about food more often. The idea that I can't eat puts it on the forefront of my mind.

I have gone a couple of days without eating without even thinking about it in the past. It wasn't a deliberate fast, more about being lost in thought (and a poor college student).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    There is no hard fast rule, but from the age of seven all children need to be taught their religion and forced to obey it, even if it means using violent methods.

The luck is in how strict your parents are, my parents were very strict, so it was a whole day fast rather than say my friend who only had to do half a day to start off with.

Aged seven is still the starting point.
    That's what I most dislike on religion(s), that parents are encouraged to force their children to submit and the child reaches to an age that is too deep infused with all short of "values" to be able to reject them, if s/he wishes so.
    In some countries, during summer the sun sets at 22:00 or 22:30, how can anyone force a child to endure this

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Yeah the ruling is 13.

But who told you about girls reaching puberty at 10? they can reach it at 9.

I documented this on my blog:
    Sona's Blog: Menstruation sign of maturity
    Sona's Blog: Case of a 10 year old girl...

MBTI
    INFP

That's what I most dislike on religion(s), that parents are encouraged to force their children to submit and the child reaches to an age that is too deep infused with all short of "values" to be able to reject them, if s/he wishes so.
    In some countries, during summer the sun sets at 22:00 or 22:30, how can anyone force a child to endure this

I totally agree, that's why I am out of religion and keeping my kids far from it too.

My brother is fasting, he lives with me, now that is frustrating, I just want to shake him and shout "WHY" lol

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah the ruling is 13.

Yet marriage can be contracted before puberty, the little girl can go live at her new husbands house until puberty begins, or she can stay with her parents until puberty begins, either way she is married.

Yeah the ruling is 13.

I remember from courses in the Univesity. Mensturation before 11 or 10 years old (like 8 or 9) has been reported but is usually a negative sign for the child's health.
    I would like to note that circles of 60 days that you mention in your blog are a case of oligomenorrhea and are not normal at all

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    My brother is fasting, he lives with me, now that is frustrating, I just want to shake him and shout "WHY" lol
    And makes you feel guilty when you are eating, too