User Tag List

View Poll Results: What would you do in the OP scenario?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would stress out about this situation and avoid the neighbor

2 7.14%
  • I would stress out about this situation and seek to speak to the neighbor directly later

0 0%
  • I would not care either way/I barely notice my neighbors

4 14.29%
  • I would not stress out about the situation and shun the neighbor

2 7.14%
  • I would not stress out about the situation and approach the neighbor directly later

5 17.86%
  • My approach to neighbor: I would be friendly with the goal of apologizing/winning them over

6 21.43%
  • My approach to neighbor: I would be firm with the goal of getting them to not bang on my wall again

4 14.29%
  • My approach to neighbor: I would be business like to clear the air

5 17.86%
  • I would've ignored the banging in the first place until the situation escalated

6 21.43%
  • I would have banged on the wall right back

5 17.86%
  • I would have knocked on my neighbor's door to talk to them right then, regardless of the time

4 14.29%
  • CzeCze, you REALLY over think things sometimes.

9 32.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 234

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Oh course i am not the original noise maker .. I am far to considerate to do anything like that. . I was saying if the TV in their bedroom was so loud and they are in their room watching it. If i was to go and knock on their front door then how would they hear me. I am not going to hammer on the door as i dont want to disturb the other people who are getting a good nights sleep.
    Thats all.

Oh. Well like I said, if someone bangs on my wall I find it especially rude. And if a neighbor did that to me, I would make no effort to be polite in return and would bang back to show I was annoyed. I would turn the tv down because I am not one for revenges or feuds and the point would have been made.

Funny thing about being considerate. My upstairs neighbors were separated for 6 months due to a job, and when the guy came back, he was very excited to see his girlfriend. I was happy for them (I'm friendly with them both) but I did not want to be up close and personal like that. To make matters worse, it was a night that I had a newborn in my care, who kept getting woken up and was screaming. I couldn't bring myself to interrupt them so I dealt with it and got no sleep. But the next morning, they had slipped a note under my door apologizing "if they had made a lot of noise" and thanking me for being understanding. I like them even more now.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Oh. Well like I said, if someone bangs on my wall I find it especially rude. And if a neighbor did that to me, I would make no effort to be polite in return and would bang back to show I was annoyed. I would turn the tv down because I am not one for revenges or feuds and the point would have been made.
    I get you but isn't it rude in the first place to be making such a noise in the early hours of the morning and on a weekday and when there are kids trying to sleep. Hmmmm.

I am not saying the end justifies the means but hey, no noise then no banging from me. lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I would complain to the receptionist that the person next door is banging on the wall and disrupting me. If I do not know that the real reason why they are banging on the wall is because I am bothering them, then what can I do? At this point, they are also bothering me by banging on the wall so if they won't go to the receptionist, I will go first. What happens from then on depends on how the neighbour reacts to my complaint. If they say that they were banging on the wall because the music or whatnot was too loud, then I would ask them why they didn't come and speak to me about it? I would have turned it down.