User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    While I can understand the backlash - the self righteousness in this thread is disgusting.
    And yet there is an irony to that statement all of it's own.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

BerberElla, if it makes you feel any better, I have never referred to ladies this way, as I believe they deserve greater respect. I also like to be a gentlemen . And that this is coming from a near 17 year old boy.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    BerberElla, if it makes you feel any better, I have never referred to ladies this way, as I believe they deserve greater respect. I also like to be a gentlemen . And that this is coming from a near 17 year old boy.
    Yes it does actually , good to know there are some decent guys out there.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I love the last one!!!
    Hehehe A moment of inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The problem is that there is a very long tradition of the hatred of women, sanctified by religion and society.

And there is no corresponding tradition of the hatred of men.

So to try to create equality by artificially introducing hate speech against men is doomed to failure.

So the only way forward is for men to recognise and understand their hatred of women.

This takes moral courage of a high calibre.
    I think it is more a question of fear than hatred, though for some people the fear might be exacerbated and become anger and hatred.

Honestly, when I hear words like this, I don't get personally offended because I know it is absolute hogwash. It's more likely that I will either laugh at the person's stupidity or shake my head, think what a total dumb ass the guy is, and walk off. There was a time that I WOULD have gotten pissed off at that, but nowadays I realize that there's no point in trying to educate stupid farts.

In general, though, I basically believe what I said before. It's hard to make any sweeping generalizations about any kind of behavior. You have to look at the context and the individual, see where the person is coming from, and then make a judgment considering the circumstances at hand.

But don't let someone else's ignorance and stupidity pull you down. Just shrug it off as idiocy and find people who are not total weirdos.

Real gentlemen don't do that, except perhaps in extreme anger over exes or something....And then it doesn't really count, because I also call my ex a lying asshole or something...(I probably shouldn't, but I admit, I do).

However, I would never in a million years actually call men in general these words that I mentioned. It is just a facetious way to sort of make a satirical remark about how ridiculous these statements and words are.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Clearly, most females must prefer males that treat them in such a way, because those that treat them with respect are the least in demand.
    Where is the proof for this? I can't claim that I can prove otherwise either, but I can say that I avoid men who have no respect for me, verbally or physically. Those that treat me with respect certainly aren't least in demand in my books.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Does it really have to use the specific words? Are you seriously unaware of the connection between hatred and dehumanizing/degrading treatment/behaviour? Come on, dude.
    no i won't come on. people express hatred in different ways, why should yours be the only way? the only reason you hear about dehumanizing is because it's the most visible form of hatred. how about just ignoring a person due to hatred? or indirectly bringing their lives down?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    no i won't come on. people express hatred in different ways, why should yours be the only way? the only reason you hear about dehumanizing is because it's the most visible form of hatred. how about just ignoring a person due to hatred? or indirectly bringing their lives down?
    You're not even arguing the point anymore. She's talking about misogyny as being dehumanizing.

And you are saying there are other ways to hate. So what? It doesn't negate her (and my) original argument.

Misogyny is dehumanizing. For all your bravado, I still hope that you never find yourself dehumanized at the hands of people who hate you for no reason. I can't believe that this is even a topic that you would even want to defend...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    Perfect example of arguing for the sake of arguing, IMO.
    Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    The only thing these girls do to incite the instant judgement is be English. My brother and his group of friends would never describe a moroccan girl as a hole or dirtz, these relationships they foster and attempt to nurture into something respectful where they actually try to get to know the girls and refer to them by their names.
    Islam divides us into muslims, dhimmi and infidels.

The muslims are to rule, the dhimmi are to be ruled and the infidels are to be converted or killed.

So Islam is inherently dehumanising.

So it is no surprise that these muslims are dehumanising English girls - because this is what muslims are taught to do by Islam.

These men are being good muslims.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Victor, don't (be polarizing and) blame this on Muslims. I see this behavior in Jews and Gentiles, alike. Also with Agnostics and Atheists. Everywhere.